Lucy Taylor joined Ropes & Gray in 2021 as an associate in the private equity transactions group of the London office. Prior to joining the firm, Lucy was an associate in the corporate department of another large international law firm. Lucy’s experience includes acting for private equity investors and portfolio companies on M&A transactions as well as advising on general corporate law.
- Advised Crosspoint Capital Partners as lead investor in a €65 million Series A follow-on funding round for Ireland-based Everseen, a leading provider of AI-powered computer vision and hyper automation solutions
- Advised AEA Investors on its sale to Epiris of LoneStar, a UK-headquartered global manufacturer and supplier of precision engineered components
- Advised Bridgepoint on its acquisition of Monica Vinader Limited, an award-winning British luxury jewellery brand
- Advised Bridgepoint on its acquisition of Achilles, a supply chain risk and performance management business
Notable transactions in which Lucy has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Represented a private equity sponsor on its investment into a telecommunications infrastructure company.
- Represented a venture capital firm on its investment into a blockchain-based trading platform for energy commodities.
- Represented a leading infrastructure private equity sponsor on a number of syndications of its investments, including investments to acquire a utility smart-metering business and a property management services business.
- Represented the portfolio company of a UK private equity firm in relation to a Series B fundraising.
- Served as English counsel for a U.S.-based software company in a merger to acquire an e-commerce platform.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in their bid to acquire a group of manufacturing companies.
- Represented the portfolio company of a UK private equity firm in the acquisition of an oilfield services company.
- Served as English counsel for a U.S.-based energy company in the acquisition of an AIM-listed company.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in the sale by auction of a food and drinks business.
- Represented an audio technology company in relation to a corporate re-organisation and the recapitalisation of their capital contribution reserve.