Pauline is a strategic, life sciences, and technology transactions and data privacy attorney based in Ropes & Gray’s Shanghai office. She advises clients in the life sciences and technology industries in strategic collaborations, intellectual property transactions, general commercial matters, and data monetization, protection and privacy matters. She also advises private equity funds in investment, mergers and acquisitions, and foreign direct investments in the APAC region.
Before joining Ropes & Gray, Pauline was an associate in the New York office of a U.S. law firm, where she focused on antitrust matters. She worked extensively with technological and pharmaceutical clients facing enforcement and compliance issues, as well as litigation.
During law school, Pauline externed for Justice Humes at the First Appellate District of the California Court of Appeal, and in the Consumer Protection Section of the California Attorney General’s office. She also helped clients with asylum applications.
- Advised a China-based pharmaceutical company in its licensing and collaboration agreement with an academic institution in relation to a pan-coronavirus vaccine program.
- Advised a China-based biotechnology company in its licensing and collaboration agreement with international partners in its licensing and collaboration in assets treating cardiovascular and ophthalmology-related diseases.
- Advising a China-based digital health company in its licensing agreement in relation to some cognitive assessment tools.
- Advising a U.S. based company focusing on proteomics technology on its distribution related activities in China.
- Advised numerous multinational pharmaceutical companies in crafting privacy policies, consent forms, data processing and transfer agreements, and other data protection and privacy related counselling.
- Assisted multiple clients in data privacy and IP due diligence during M&A and investment transactions.
- Assisting a multinational pharmaceutical company in conducting internal investigations and responding to government inquiries related to bid-rigging, corruption and other employee misconduct.
- Represented a multinational technology company in antitrust investigations and litigation worldwide, as well as providing counseling surrounding antitrust and data privacy issues.*
- Developed knowledge library for numerous non-profit organizations, including those advocating for the rights for the LGBTQ community and aiming to eliminate human trafficking.
- Helped review and analyze documents in preparation for potential appeal for inmates who suffer from mental illness.
- Facilitated asylum and U-visa applications for clients.
- Advising a California-based environmental organization in crafting its loan documents with a U.S. bank.
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray