Emily C. Weiss-Cook is an associate in the corporate department in New York. She advises clients on a variety of capital markets, mergers & acquisitions, corporate governance, securities laws and shareholder activism matters.
Prior to joining the firm in 2022, Emily was a corporate associate in the New York office of a premier U.S. law firm, where she advised clients on capital markets, banking and finance, mergers & acquisitions and general corporate matters.
Examples of representative matters include:
- Represented the underwriters in multiple equity offerings by BDCs.
- Represented numerous issuers in establishing at-the-market offering programs.
- Represented TravelCenters of America in its acquisition by BP.
- Represented Radius Health in its acquisition by Gurnet Point and Patient Square.
- Represented Northrop Grumman Corporation in connection with its offer to exchange new unsecured notes for up to approximately $1.2 billion of existing notes.*
- Represented the underwriter in connection with the $200 million initial public offering of units of World Quantum Growth Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company.*
- Represented Crown Castle International Corp. in connection with its $750 million registered senior notes offering.*
- Represented the underwriters in connection with the $1.5 billion registered senior notes offering of Skyworks Solutions, Inc.*
- Represented the initial purchasers in connection with the $500 million 144A/Reg. S high-yield senior secured notes offering of WW International, Inc.*
- Represented the initial purchasers in connection with the $300 million 144A/Reg. S high-yield senior secured second-lien notes offering of Arconic Corporation.*
- Represented the underwriters in connection with the $2.2 billion registered high-yield senior notes offering of Centene Corporation.*
*Prior to joining Ropes & Gray