Frank Williams joined the corporate department in 2012. Frank has a range of experience in private fund matters, including fundraising, general transactional work, and regulatory compliance. Frank also represents both U.S. and non-U.S. sovereign wealth funds, funds of funds, private foundations, university endowments and family offices in connection with private fund investments.
Prior to joining the firm, Frank interned at a Japanese law firm in Tokyo, Japan, where he assisted with cross-border transactional work. During law school, Frank served as a staff editor of the Columbia Journal of Asian Law.
- Representative clients include: Altamont Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Makena Capital Management, Wilshire Associates Incorporated, Partners Group, SkyKnight Capital, and Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
- Represents large and mid-market investment advisers in connection with a range of matters related to fundraising, governance, compliance, and organizational structure.
- Represents university endowments, funds of funds, sovereign wealth fund and private foundations in investments in U.S., European, and Asian leveraged buyout, venture capital, and hedge fund investments and strategic seed investments.
- Represents a diverse list of clients in buy-side and sell-side private fund secondary transactions.
- Frequently handles the negotiation of confidentiality agreements on behalf of clients reviewing potential acquisitions or investments.