Kristen Winckler is a partner in the tax department and focuses her practice on tax planning and structuring of domestic and cross border investments and business transactions. She advises on the tax aspects of private investment fund formation, investments by non-US and tax-exempt investors and a wide range of complex real estate-related transactions, including joint ventures, acquisitions and dispositions, co-investments, financings and restructurings. She also counsels public and private, equity and debt REITs on REIT and transactional tax matters, and represents US and non-US issuers of debt and equity securities. Kristen co-chairs the New York Office Diversity Committee and serves as a New York Office Hiring Partner and Associate Development Partner for Tax.
- Advises fund sponsors on the formation of U.S., European and Asia Pacific-focused real estate equity and debt funds
- Advises the real estate and private equity investment advisory group of a major institution on the formation of fund structures and LP investments in private equity and real estate
- Advises U.S. and non-U.S. private pensions, sovereign wealth funds and alternative investment managers with respect to real estate co-investments, investments in private investment funds and tax treaty issues
- Advises public and private equity and debt REITs on REIT tax and transactional matters including UPREIT and DownREIT structuring, capital market transactions, strategic joint ventures, mezzanine and preferred equity financings, and prohibited transactions planning
- Advises real estate investors and managers on the structuring of complex joint venture platforms