Matthieu is an associate in the finance group, focusing primarily on structured finance transactions and other alternative financing arrangements, including whole-business securitizations and other ABS transactions collateralized by fiber-optic networks, royalty interests and other alternative assets.
During law school, Matthieu served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Andrea R. Wood, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Matthieu was a finance associate in the New York office of another international law firm.
- Represented Frontier Communications in its inaugural issuance of $2.1 billion in securitized notes backed by a regional broadband fiber-optic network and its related consumer and commercial contracts.
- Represented a private equity sponsor on the structuring and negotiation of a $420 million whole-business securitization bond offering backed by The Goddard School’s franchise and brand assets.
- Represented European Wax Center, Inc. on the structuring of its whole-business securitization of a total of $440 million in asset-backed term and variable funding notes.
- Represented public and private issuers (including Planet Fitness, Inc., HOA Brands and another leading franchisor in the quick-service restaurant space) on the offering under their whole-business securitizations of a total of approximately $1.2 billion in asset-backed term and variable funding notes.
- Represented a private equity firm in its issuance and upsize of private equity-backed notes (PBN) collateralized by a limited partnership interest in a fund vehicle (“rated note feeder”).
- Represented issuers/borrowers in securitizations and credit facilities backed by various asset classes such as pharmaceutical royalties, film and television intellectual property, commercial real estate loans, merchant cash advances, medical receivables and other receivables.
- Represented borrowers, lenders and underwriters in connection with various securitizations and credit facilities backed by esoteric assets such as structured settlements, lottery receivables, personal annuities, timeshare interest receivables and litigation funding receivables.*
- Represented issuers and underwriters in connection with the issuance and refinancing of CLOs.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray LLP.