Derek Yee is a senior attorney in the antitrust practice group. Derek’s practice is focused on advising domestic and multinational clients on their obligations under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act and international merger control regimes.
Derek has prepared complex filings on behalf of private equity firms, public companies, and other clients across a wide range of industries, including software and information technology, healthcare, life sciences, and consumer goods.
- Represented Bain Capital in the sale of its controlling stake in Hugel inc., a leading biopharmaceutical company based in South Korea.
- Represented Bain Capital Private Equity and Dessert Holdings in its acquisition of Steven Charles, a dessert company.
- Represented Baring Private Equity Asia in its carve-out acquisition of a healthcare services business (HGS Healthcare) from Hinduja Global Solutions (HGS), an India-based IT service management company.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its acquisition of Super Star Car Wash, a family-owned car wash operator.
- Represented GHO Capital in its investment in Biocare Medical, a US-based life sciences company focused on oncology related diagnostic reagents and instrumentation.
- Represented Charlesbank Capital Partners in its acquisition of Empire Today, a direct-to-consumer provider of replacement hard surface flooring and carpet, from H.I.G. Capital.
- Represented Harvest Partners in its acquisition of Fortis Solutions Group, a provider of labeling and packaging services, from Main Post Partners.
- Represented Audax Group in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Solve Industrial Motion Group, a provider of high-quality power transmission components and industrial-grade bearings, from Incline Equity Partners.