Tina has been a member of Ropes & Gray’s litigation & enforcement team since 2012. She has worked in the London and Shanghai offices and is now based in Hong Kong. She has significant experience in handling cross-border matters relating to anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, economic and trade sanctions, as well as related misconduct, including government-initiated and internal investigations, risk assessments and transaction due diligence and portfolio company management. Tina’s work has covered jurisdictions spanning Asia, the Middle East and Europe. Tina has represented clients in the life sciences and technology industries, including companies undergoing government investigations as well as companies subject to deferred prosecution agreements and government monitorships.
Tina also regularly advises private equity firms, sovereign investors and other organizations involved in corporate transactions in relation to risk-based due diligence of potential targets and portfolio company risk management, as well as the review and update of compliance programs.
Tina has been seconded to the regulatory compliance team of the legal department of one of the world’s leading integrated oil and gas companies, where she advised on the compliance risk of various projects.
Tina’s practice includes a broad spectrum of risk areas, including corruption, money laundering, sanctions, fraud and sexual misconduct. Tina is natively bilingual in English and Mandarin. She has extensive experience and understanding of local cultures and its impact on cross-jurisdiction work, particularly in relation to the greater China region.
Tina is also a member of Ropes & Gray’s Data and Behavioral Science Initiative, which focuses on the use of data analytics and behavioral science to drive compliance culture within organizations and manage international risk. She is also a member of Ropes & Gray’s global health care compliance initiative.
- Conducted numerous internal investigations relating to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) on behalf of several multinational life sciences companies; investigations included those in China, Japan, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, India, Saudi Arabia, and Germany. Also conducted internal investigations for a leading private equity company and a multinational information technology company in China. Conducted internal investigations in relation to fraud in Europe.
- Represented a multinational medical device company in a government appointed compliance monitorship, with a focus on its operations in Japan, India and Western Europe.
- Represented top executives from a Chinese telecommunications company in an export controls investigation by the Department of Justice, Department of Commerce and Department of Treasury.
- Represented a multinational life sciences company in relation to inquiries from the World Bank.
- Regularly advises top private equity firms and other investors on anti-corruption, anti-money laundering and economic and trade sanctions risk relating to portfolio companies and proposed investments globally, particularly in East Asia and Europe.
- Represented a manufacturing company on its disclosure related to potential violations of OFAC sanctions regulations.
- Reviewed, developed and implemented anti-corruption, anti-money laundering and economic and trade sanctions compliance policies for various clients including multinational life sciences companies, private equity companies, private equity portfolio companies and sovereign wealth funds. Also conducted compliance trainings for various private equity portfolio companies in English and Mandarin.