Alex Zeltser focuses his practice on leveraged finance, including acquisition and cross-border financings, and other private equity transactions. Alex has extensive experience representing private equity firms and their portfolio companies, investment banks, public companies and debt investors in a wide range of financing transactions, including cash-flow and asset-based credit facilities, second lien and mezzanine financings, bridge financings and high-yield debt offerings, as well as restructurings and workouts. He has also represented both issuers and arrangers in connection with debt and equity securities offerings, with particular emphasis on high-yield debt offerings. In addition, he has counseled public companies and foreign private issuers with respect to general corporate law and securities law considerations.
- Represented TPG Capital in obtaining $235 million in first lien financing to fund in part the acquisition of Exactech, a leading developer and producer of orthopedic implant devices and surgical instrumentation for extremities and large joints.
- Advising Altice S.A. on the financing for the acquisition by Altice of PT Portugal SGPS, S.A. and certain other entities that make up the Portugal Telecom Group, a leading provider of integrated telecommunication services to residential and corporate customers in Portugal from Oi S.A.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners in obtaining $2.0 billion in aggregate financing for its acquisition of inVentiv Health and inVentiv Health in its subsequent acquisitions of Campbell Alliance Group, Ingenix Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. and PharmaNetDevelopment Group.
- Represented TPG Capital in obtaining $1.62 billion in aggregate financing for its acquisition of Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc., manufacturer and distributor of generic and branded drugs.
- Represented Madison Dearborn Partners in obtaining financing for the acquisition of National Financial Partners, a provider of advisory and brokerage services to companies and high net worth individuals.
- Represented TPG Capital in obtaining $1.10 billion in debt financing for its acquisition of Immucor, Inc., developer of transfusion and transplantation diagnostic products designed to fulfill the need of blood or an organ.
- Represented TPG Capital in connection with obtaining debt financing for its acquisition of Beaver-Visitec International, a leading global developer, manufacturer, and marketer of specialized surgical devices.
- Represented Madison Dearborn Partners in connection with the acquisition, combination with Chesapeake Services Limited and subsequent sale of Multi Packaging Solutions, a leading global provider of print-based specialty packaging solutions.
- Represented TSG Consumer Products in connection with the acquisition of Planet Fitness, and in Planet Fitness’s subsequent dividend recapitalizations and refinancings.
- Represented various clients, including Cressey & Co., BV Partners and TSG Consumer Products in connection with senior secured financing for several recent middle-market leveraged financings.
- Represented GT Advanced Technologies in connection with a senior secured term loan, issuance of convertible notes and DIP and Exit financings.