If your foundation is considering a major transaction—a new impact investment, a joint venture or a real estate deal, for example—we will leverage Ropes & Gray’s deep and multidisciplinary resources to guide your foundation through the decision-making process. We have helped charitable foundation clients:
- Assess investment structures, including private equity funds, hedge funds, REITs, offshore investments, and impact investments
- Plan and structure transactions, joint ventures and strategic affiliations with not-for-profit and for-profit entities
- Lease and acquire office and program space and negotiate other commercial contracts
- Navigate intellectual property issues, including copyright and trademark registration, licensing, and infringement
- Develop scientific research agreements
- Address other issues from internet and privacy matters to insurance needs
When it comes to big decisions, you need both subject matter expertise and an understanding of how the special rules governing charitable foundations affect the situation. Ropes & Gray’s collaborative, team-based approach will help ensure that you have the right combination of advisors to achieve the outcome you want.