Single-Source and Tailored Solutions
In real estate, there is no one size fits all solution. Our unique team approach combines significant experience from a wide range of disciplines and industries. Drawing on the vast knowledge, resources and experience of our firm’s highly experienced attorneys and integrated practice groups, we offer our clients the comprehensive range of legal services required to identify opportunities, manage risks and succeed in today’s volatile global real estate market. Our clients receive the benefit and peace of mind that comes from a coordinated approach to their real estate, private equity, finance, tax, ERISA, investment and environmental issues.
We provide practical, innovative solutions to a variety of domestic and international real estate-based transactions, and we identify opportunities and manage risk with a keen eye towards achieving our clients’ business goals.
We have more than 100 legal professionals working in our multidisciplinary team, including over 60 attorneys who have a core focus on real estate issues. With 11 offices across three continents, the group represents clients in a broad range of complex, high-profile real estate transactions in the United States, Europe, the United Kingdom, Asia and other jurisdictions.
Our areas of focus include:
Our clients include:
- Abrams Capital Management
- APG Asset Management
- Bain Capital
- Colony Capital
- Harvard College, Harvard Management Company
- King Street Capital
- Oaktree Capital Management
- Pacific Investment Management Company LLC (PIMCO)
- Partners Group
- Stanford University Management Company
- Spring REIT (SAML)
- Strategic Value Partners
- The TJX Companies, Inc.
- TPG & affiliates
Ropes & Gray’s real estate investments and transactions group has received recognition from a number of industry publications and ranking companies, including:
- Chambers USA 2021 – Ranked as a leading “Real Estate” practice in Massachusetts and New York, with multiple attorneys recognized as leaders in the field in Massachusetts and New York.
- Chambers UK 2021 – One attorney ranked as Senior Statesman in Real Estate – London and ranked as a leading lawyer in Real Estate Finance – London.
- The Legal 500 US 2021 – Ranked nationally for Real Estate, with multiple attorneys recommended as leaders in the field.
- The Legal 500 UK 2021 – Ranked in the UK as a leading “Commercial Property: Investment” practice, with one attorney recommended as a leader in the field and one attorney recommended as a rising star.
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly – Massachusetts Go To Commercial Real Estate Lawyers for 2021
- U.S. News & World Report-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” survey 2021 ─ Ranked nationally and in Massachusetts and New York for “Real Estate Law."
- Best Lawyers in America 2022 – Multiple attorneys recognized for real estate law in Massachusetts and New York and one attorney recognized for environmental law.
- Real Estate Forum 50 under 40 2015-2016 – Two real estate attorneys individually recognized in the publication in back to back years.
- New York Law Journal 2015 Rising Stars – One real estate attorney listed as a “Rising Star” in the publication.
- Law360 Rising Stars 2014-15 – One real estate attorney selected as a “Rising Star” in the field for two years in a row.