Single-Source and Tailored Solutions
In real estate, there is no one size fits all solution. Our unique team approach combines significant experience from a wide range of disciplines and industries. Drawing on the vast knowledge, resources and experience of our firm’s highly experienced attorneys and integrated practice groups, we offer our clients the comprehensive range of legal services required to identify opportunities, manage risks and succeed in today’s volatile global real estate market. Our clients receive the benefit and peace of mind that comes from a coordinated approach to their real estate, private equity, finance, tax, ERISA, investment and environmental issues.
We provide practical, innovative solutions to a variety of domestic and international real estate-based transactions, and we identify opportunities and manage risk with a keen eye towards achieving our clients’ business goals.
We have more than 100 legal professionals working in our multidisciplinary team, including over 60 attorneys who have a core focus on real estate issues. With 11 offices across three continents, the group represents clients in a broad range of complex, high-profile real estate transactions in the United States, Europe, the United Kingdom, Asia and other jurisdictions.
Our areas of focus include:
Our clients include:
- Abrams Capital Management
- APG Asset Management
- Bain Capital
- Colony Capital
- Harvard College, Harvard Management Company
- King Street Capital
- Oaktree Capital Management
- Pacific Investment Management Company LLC (PIMCO)
- Partners Group
- Stanford University Management Company
- Spring REIT (SAML)
- Strategic Value Partners
- The TJX Companies, Inc.
- TPG & affiliates
Ropes & Gray’s real estate investments and transactions group has received recognition from a number of industry publications and ranking companies, including:
- Chambers USA 2018 – Ranked as a leading “Real Estate” practice in Massachusetts, with multiple attorneys recognized as leaders in the field in Massachusetts and New York.
- Chambers UK 2019 – One attorney ranked as Senior Statesman in Real Estate – London and ranked as a leading lawyer in Real Estate Finance – London.
- Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019 – One attorney ranked as a leading lawyer in Real Estate (International Firms).
- The Legal 500 US 2018 – Ranked nationally for Real Estate, with multiple attorneys recommended as leaders in the field.
- The Legal 500 UK 2018 – Ranked in the UK as a leading “Real Estate: Property Finance” practice, with one attorney recommended as a leader in the field, a leading “Real Estate: Commercial Property: general” practice, and a leading “Real Estate: Commercial Property: investment” practice.
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018 – Real estate attorney recognized in Hong Kong.
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers 2015 – One real estate attorney appointed as a fellow to the prestigious organization.
- U.S. News & World Report-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” survey 2017 ─ Ranked in the top tier nationally and in Massachusetts for “Real Estate Law.”
- Best Lawyers in America 2018 – Multiple attorneys recognized for real estate law in Massachusetts and New York and one attorney recognized for environmental law.
- Law360 Rising Stars 2014-15 – One real estate attorney selected as a “Rising Star” in the field for two years in a row.
- New York Law Journal 2015 Rising Stars – One real estate attorney listed as a “Rising Star” in the publication.
- Real Estate Forum 50 under 40 2015-2016 – Two real estate attorneys individually recognized in the publication in back to back years.