Ropes & Gray’s fund finance team represents fund borrowers across the asset management spectrum:
We have extensive experience with all types of capital call facilities, from single-fund facilities to platform financings among parallel funds, to multi-fund facilities across investing strategies.
We specialize not only in capital call facilities, but also portfolio leverage financing, including hybrid and warehouse asset leverage financings and structured finance securitizations.
We have worked on dozens of liquidity facilities for open-end funds, as well as secured leverage facilities for closed-end funds.
Our typical fund finance capabilities include:
- Capital call subscription facilities
- Co-investment leverage facilities for fund professionals
- Management company borrowings
- Debt fund portfolio leverage facilities
- Underwritten structured finance facilities for sponsored funds and CLO funds
- Bank structured finance facilities for single fund borrowers
- Syndicated bank facilities for groups of open-end fund borrowers
- Secured leverage facilities for closed-end funds
- Prime broker facilities
Our partners are recognized as leading innovators and frequently speak at conferences around the globe. Our dedication to client service and culture of collaboration provide seamless coverage across geographies and practice areas.
Our representative finance clients in this area include:
- Accolade Partners
- Affiliated Managers Group
- Angelo, Gordon & Co.
- ArcLight Energy Partners
- Athyrium Capital
- Bain Capital / Bain Capital Credit
- Calamos Funds
- Charlesbank Capital Partners
- Cohen & Steers
- Constitution Capital
- Cressey & Co.
- Doubleline funds
- Deutsche funds
- Gridiron Capital Partners
- H.I.G. Capital Partners
- Kohlberg & Co.
- MFS funds
- Natixis Funds
- Pacific Equity Partners
- Providence Debt funds / Benefit Street Partners
- Putnam funds
- Revelstoke Capital Partners
- State Street Global Advisors
- Stone Ridge Asset Management
- Summit Rock Advisors
- Thomas H. Lee Partners
- TPG Capital
- TSG Consumer Partners
- Veronis Suhler Stevenson & Co.
- Voya Funds
- Wells Fargo funds