We bring a nuanced understanding of every position in the capital structure and the strategies and objectives of each debt and equity investor class to help our lending clients maximize return and protect their investment in bullish and bear market conditions. By seamlessly distilling multi-disciplinary finance, insolvency, bankruptcy, corporate, tax and regulatory considerations into practical advice, we help our clients find the best solution for their debt investments.
The lending practice includes:
- Second and junior lien financing
- Mezzanine and subordinated financing
- Preferred Equity
- Turnaround financings and DIP/exit financings
- Co-invests and warrants
- Distressed transactions, such as credit bids and restructurings
- Agent Representation
- AMP Capital Investors (U.S.)
- Avenue Capital
- Baupost Group
- Benefit Street Partners
- Fortress Investments
- GF Capital
- GoldenTree Asset Management
- Hancock Capital Partners
- Highbridge Capital
- KKR Credit
- SSG Capital
- TPG Sixth Street Partners
- Advised an investment fund in connection with the financing of the acquisition of Dutch and U.S.-based textiles and fabric companies by a leading Chinese textiles and clothing company.
- Advised a PRC asset manager in connection with the financing of the acquisition of an Australian radiology group.
- Advised KKR Credit Advisors in connection with a $340 million unitranche financing to Red Midco LLC, in which Marlin Equity Partners was the equity sponsor.
- Advised KKR Credit Advisors in connection with a $160 million senior secured term loan for the acquisition of Vee Pak, LLC by Wind Point Investors VIII, L.P.
- Advised KKR Credit Advisors in connection with a $175 million senior secured term loan facility to EACOM Timber Corporation.
- Represented Bain Capital in connection with obtaining $160 million in debt financing for its acquisition of Penn Foster from the Vistria Group.
- Advised AlpInvest US Holdings in connection with its share of a $125 million second lien term loan for the acquisition of GFI Software Holding Company GmbH., TeamViewer Pty. Ltd., and Monitis GFI CJSC.
- Advised Bain Capital Credit in connection with the issuance of multiple series of senior secured notes by Hamilton Specialty Bar, Inc.
- Advised EQT Credit, MV Credit and Apax Partners as holdco PIK toggle noteholders in connection with refinancing for laboratory and radiology services provider Unilabs.
- Advised GSO Capital in connection with £210 million unitranche loan to AEA Investors for the acquisition of John Guest.
- Advised Hancock Capital Management in an $80 million second lien term loan; financing was used in an acquisition of Generation Brands.
- Advised Highbridge Principal Strategies in connection with £40 million unitranche loan for the refinancing of Apex Fund Services.
- Advised KKR Credit in connection with £150 million unitranche financing for the acquisition of SAR Quavitae.
- Advised Park Square Capital in connection with a £187 million second lien loan to Partners Group for the acquisition of Foncia.
- Advised TPG Sixth Street Partners/TPG Capital in a $750 million second lien senior secured financing to Chobani, Inc.
- Advised a subscriber in connection with US$140 million secured second lien convertible bonds and warrants privately placed by Singapore listed company that owns aluminum production assets in China.
- Regularly advises one of Asia’s leading special situations funds on credit and equity-linked transactions throughout Asia.