Our securitization and structured finance attorneys appreciate that no two clients—and no two transactions—are alike. We’re prepared to dive into your business, to understand your objectives thoroughly, and to tailor a structure that is customized to your needs, whether it takes a traditional form or something more creative to get the job done. Our collaborative, cross-practice approach to problem solving enables us to work with you to develop innovative financing solutions that reflect the realities of the current environment.
Our practice includes:
- Collateralized loan obligations (CLOs)
- Trade receivables securitizations
- Whole business securitizations
- Commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS)
- Structured investment vehicles
- Leveraged buy-out (LBO) financings
- Distressed debt and restructurings
- Risk retention structuring
- Represented Dunkin’ Brands, Inc. on its $2.6 billion whole-business securitization.
- Represented TPG Real Estate on the structuring of a $1.8 billion CLO to finance in part its acquisition of a $2.5 billion high-yield real estate loan portfolio from Deutsche Bank’s Special Situations Group.
- Advised Domino’s Pizza Inc. on a $1.625 billion whole business securitization and its subsequent refinancing.
- Advised Alliance Laundry Systems LLC on its $400 million variable funding note receivables facility.
- Advised West Corporation on its $185 million receivables securitization facility.
- Advised Sankaty Advisors, LLC on the structuring of numerous CLOs involving more than $4 billion in assets under management.
- Advised multiple banks and financial institutions, including an international financial conglomerate and PNC Bank, in connection with the creation of their respective CMBS lending programs, including the development of template documents for commercial-, residential-, mezzanine-, jumbo- and LIBOR-based financings and the closing of more than 500 loans ranging from $5 million to $20 million, collectively valued at more than $2 billion.
- Advised OSI Restaurant Partners LLC in connection with a $500 million CMBS financing secured by more than 250 restaurant properties.
- Advised a global investment management firm on matters relating to the formation, ongoing operations and administration of its private investment funds and hedge funds and separate account business, including the acquisition, disposition and ongoing evaluation of investments in RMBS, CMBS and commercial real estate loans.
- Advised a major private equity firm in connection with the funding of a repurchase facility secured by pledges of CMBS bonds.