Our finance and securities practices are consistently ranked among the world’s best in each area, and have recently received practice-wide and individual lawyer recognition in Chambers USA, The Legal 500, and U.S. News. Both clients and peers offer high praise for our structured finance work, notably in the 2015 Financial Times Innovative Lawyers report, which recognized our team for its work on Dunkin’ Brands’ 2015 whole-business securitization. Our structured finance attorneys are prepared to dive into our clients’ businesses, to understand their objectives thoroughly, and to tailor a structure that is customized to their needs. Our collaborative, cross-practice approach to problem solving enables us to work with clients to develop innovative financing solutions, while at the same time emphasizing swift execution to minimize market risk.
Our practice includes:
- Collateralized loan obligations (CLOs)
- Trade receivables securitizations
- Whole business securitizations
- Commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS)
- Structured investment vehicles
- Leveraged buy-out (LBO) financings
- Distressed debt and restructurings
- Risk retention structuring
- Angelo, Gordon & Co.
- Alliance Laundry Systems
- Bain Capital Credit
- Benefit Street Partners
- Capital Royalty Group
- Domino’s Pizza
- Dunkin’ Brands
- H.I.G. Capital
- TPG Real Estate
- West Corporation
- Represented Planet Fitness, Inc. in completing a financing transaction involving the issuance of $1.275 billion in securitized notes.
- Represented a private credit fund on a $167 million securitization of its portfolio of middle market loans.
- Represented a private credit fund on the establishment of a $300 million structured leverage facility secured by its portfolio of middle market loans.
- Represented a private credit fund on the establishment of a $150 million structured leverage facility secured by its portfolio of middle market loans.
- Represented a private credit fund on the establishment of a $125 million structured leverage facility secured by its portfolio of middle market loans.
- Represented Bain Capital Credit on the structuring of multiple CLOs involving more than $6.5 billion in assets under management.
- Represented TPG Real Estate on the structuring of a $1.8 billion CLO secured by high-yield real estate loans.
- Represented Alliance Laundry Systems on its $400 million variable funding note receivables facility.
- Represented West Corporation on its $185 million receivables securitization facility.
- Represented Dunkin’ Brands on its initial $1.7 billion whole-business securitization (the first ever whole-business securitization), and on its more recent $2.6 billion whole-business securitization.
- Represented Domino’s Pizza on a $1.625 billion whole-business securitization and its subsequent refinancing.
- Represented NSTAR Electric (formerly Boston Edison) on its “stranded cost” securitizations.
- Represented OSI Restaurant Partners in connection with its $500 million CMBS financing secured by over 250 restaurant properties.
- Represented a Boston charter school on a $17 million New Markets Tax Credit financing to fund the construction of a new school building.
- Represented First Investment Real Estate Management as borrower/asset manager in the discounted payoff of a loan held within a UK CMBS transaction.
- Represented Solutus Advisors, a CMBS special servicer, in connection with a refinancing of a lien included in a UK CMBS transaction through a new structured note issuance.
- Represented one of the largest global commodities traders in a $2.5 billion securitization.