We are market insiders with a strong reputation within the European business community, and we have long- standing relationships with leading local firms in all major jurisdictions within Europe. Our work includes cross-border projects, advising corporations, Sovereign Wealth Funds and the sophisticated investor community, encompassing both European and non-European business.
Having been involved in European matters and transactions for many years, Ropes & Gray formally opened a London office in January 2010. We have since built a fully integrated team of more than 65 attorneys augmenting the firm’s globally recognized leading practices in private equity (including real estate), funds, bank/bond financing, restructuring and insolvency, and regulatory and tax. Speaking 17 languages and representing 13 nationalities, our London-based attorneys include leaders in their fields who support our clients, wherever they are based.
Our intellectual property attorneys are equipped to advise clients on issues involving the new Unified Patent Court of the European Union.
In addition, the firm’s attorneys have been recognized as leaders in the area of government enforcement, advising Fortune 500 companies, private equity firms, financial institutions and other organizations, as well as officers, directors and other individuals, in domestic and global government investigations and other government enforcement and regulatory matters. We have advised clients doing business around the world on matters involving alleged securities fraud, alleged violations of the FCPA, OFAC, U.K. Bribery Act and other anti-corruption and anti-money laundering laws.
- Ropes & Gray has been ranked by Dealogic in their EMEA Regional Rankings for Q1 2021 in 9th place for Germany M&A
- Ropes & Gray has been ranked by Mergermarket as the leading law firm for European TMT deals in 2020 by value. According to Mergermarket, the firm advised on 14 TMT-focused deals with a total value of €62.2 billion.
- Ropes & Gray has been ranked by Mergermarket in the top 20 for 7 of their Legal Adviser League Tables for 2020:
- Europe League table by value – 20th
- Switzerland League Table by value – 2nd
- France League Table by value – 9th
- Benelux League Table by value – 5th
- Iberia League Table by value – 10th
- Spain League Table by value – 11th
- Israel League Table by value – 5th