Ropes & Gray’s immigration practice has the skill and experience to help clients navigate the complexities that arise in business contexts under immigration and naturalization laws. We provide advice to ensure that employers comply with all immigration and naturalization laws and update clients regularly on any significant changes to the immigration rules and regulations that will directly impact them. Our immigration staff also provides workshops to help clients, and client HR departments, understand the immigration requirements they face.
How We Help Our Clients
Our clients benefit from our diverse experience and recognized skill in immigration matters. We routinely advise clients with regard to the preparation and filing of labor certifications, nonimmigrant visa petitions and applications for permanent residency. We help our clients review, analyze and resolve complex issues that may arise with the hiring of foreign workers and to ensure I-9 compliance. When questions of status adjustment or deportation arise, our seasoned attorneys and immigration staff have the experience and extensive substantive knowledge to guide clients through this complicated process.
We have advised and assisted our clients with all visa types, including:
- Labor certifications (PERM applications), permanent residency and adjustment of status petitions
- Work visas for specialty occupation workers (H-1B)
- Visas for foreign nationals to work in the United States as foreign investors (E-2), or to obtain legal permanent residency status as investors
- Professional workers from Australia (E-3)
- Professional workers from Canada or Mexico (TN)
- Students to study at accredited U.S. college or university (F-1)
- Work visas in connection with educational or cultural exchange programs (J-1)
- Work visas for individuals with extraordinary ability or achievement (O-1)
- Intracompany transferee executive or manager (L-1A)
- Intracompany transferee knowledge (L-1B)
- Temporary nonimmigrant religious workers (R-1)