- Conducted diligence into use of AI by claims payment and editing software company in carveout from ChangeHealthcare and supported the business post-acquisition in developing AI and Machine Learning compliance policies and procedures.
- Frequently represents pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies that innovate in artificial intelligence, machine learning, data analytics, computer vision, next-generation sequencing, and biomedical engineering.
- Represented Genesis Therapeutics in multiple transactions focusing on using Genesis’ AI-driven drug discovery platform to identify new drug candidates that target and treat severe diseases, including a partnership with Genentech and a collaboration with Eli Lilly and Company.
- Represented Atomwise, an artificial intelligence-based drug discovery company in a strategic research collaboration with Sanofi involving five drug targets.
- Representing PathAI, a leading provider of AI-powered technology tools and services for pathology, on its intellectual property and data strategy in connection with various strategic partnerships as well as FDA regulatory requirements applicable to the clinical development and framework governing artificial intelligence diagnostic algorithms.
- Advise Protocol Labs, a leading open-source research and development laboratory that builds cutting-edge protocols, tools, and services to improve the internet, in connection with all of its investment activities and with a wide range of transactional, IP, operational and securities law matters.
- Advising multiple investment advisers and asset managers with respect to their internal policies and procedures on the use of large language modules.
- Advised a multinational investment bank on the design and implementation of an AI-driven recruitment tool to comply with EU and UK data protection laws.
- Represented Sixth Street, a leading global investment firm, in connection with its Series C equity investment in ConcertAI, LLC, a provider of software-as-a-service and data solutions for clinical research, leveraging real-world evidence, artificial intelligence technology, and scientific expertise to accelerate insights and outcomes for patients.
- Represent Galaxy Digital, a global multi-strategy investment firm focused on digital assets and blockchain technology, in all aspects of its investment advisory business.
- Ropes & Gray represented Crosspoint Capital Partners as leading investor in a €65 million Series A follow-on funding round for Ireland-based Everseen, a leading provider of AI-powered computer vision and hyper automation solutions. The transaction was announced on May 11.
- Series B investment in Brightflag, an AI-powered legal spend and matter management technology provider to in-house teams.
- Series B investment in PolyAI, a London-based technology company with a state-of-the-art machine learning platform for creating conversational agent.
- Represented Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN), a provider of speech recognition and artificial intelligence software, in its acquisition of Saykara, a developer of a mobile artificial intelligence assistant to automate clinical documentation for physicians.
- Represented The Decentralized Code Network (Deconet) in drafting the first blockchain-transferable software license, the Deconet Software License Agreement.