Clients rely on Ropes & Gray’s London private equity team to make the right deals on the right terms, thoughtfully assess risk and make appropriate tradeoffs, and respond quickly to meet business demands. Our deep experience in London enables clients to access local market knowledge and connections. Our clients are a mix of U.K. and U.S. private equity houses as well as advising asset managers and sovereign wealth funds on public M&A, co-invest and direct investment transactions.
In London, we offer:
- Deep industry knowledge and experience
- Leading practitioners in the European and U.S. market advising on both domestic and cross border private equity deals
- A one-stop, global service for transactions
- Specialist sector focus across a wide range of industries
- Extensive capabilities in sophisticated financing, including U.S./U.K. high yield and more innovative ACF solutions
- Relationship lawyering, top-quality service and commercial judgment
- A partner-led approach with dedicated and consistent teams
- Access to the firm’s advisor network, unparalleled in its knowledge and experience
Experience & Awards
Recent highlights include representing/advising:
- Baring Private Equity Asia on its acquisition of Lumenis.
- Avista Capital Partners on its acquisition of Vision Healthcare NV alongside VHC Investco.
- Arsenal Capital Partners on the acquisition by its portfolio company Value Demonstration Holdings LLC of Cello Health.
- Partners Group on its investment in Rovensa.
- GHO Capital on its acquisition of Envision Pharma.
- Intermediate Capital Group on its acquisition of a minority stake in Workhuman.
Representative clients in Europe include:
- 3i Group
- Bain Capital
- Baring Private Equity Asia
- Nordic Capital
- Partners Group
Our London team has been recognized for its work by numerous leading sources, including:
- The Legal 500 UK 2016-2017 – Ranked in the U.K. as a leading “Private Equity: Transactions – Large Cap Deal Capability” practice, with two attorneys ranked as leaders.
- IFLR – Ranked in the U.K. for “Private Equity Transactions.”
- Chambers UK 2017 – Ranked in the U.K. as a leading “Private Equity: Buyouts: High-End Capability” practice, with three attorneys ranked as leaders.