Heather T. Sprague
Heather is an associate in the firm’s business & securities litigation group. Her practice spans a range of securities litigation and commercial litigation matters. Heather also assists in counseling clients on litigation and regulatory risks before active issues arise, and maintains an active pro bono practice
Prior to joining the firm in 2011, Heather was a legal fellow at South Coastal Counties Legal Services (SCCLS) in Southeastern Massachusetts, where she represented clients in trial court and at administrative hearings and served as a staff attorney for the pilot Medical-Legal Partnership between SCCLS and two partner hospitals.
- Representing a large health care services company in state court litigation involving a dispute over a joint venture, including preparation and conduct of pleadings, procedural motion practice, and discovery.
- Successful defense of a leading medical technology company against a qui tam lawsuit alleging violations of the False Claims Act, including successful defense of dismissal before the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Conducted internal investigations focusing on matters relating to the Food, Drug, & Cosmetic Act, False Claims Act, and Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Experience in all aspects of litigation involving complex civil disputes, securities matters, and class action.
- Pro bono representations have included successful representation of asylum seekers fleeing from persecution; obtaining permanent residence for unaccompanied minors; securing a favorable settlement in a housing litigation; regularly serving as Lawyer for the Day at Suffolk Probate and Family Court; and regularly advising a non-profit organization that works with disabled active military service personnel and disabled veterans.
- Heather Sprague and Harvey Wolkoff, "Business Litigation," MCLE Massachusetts Superior Court Civil Practice Jury Instructions (January 2015)
- Panelist, “Representing Clients With Mental Illness: New Developments and Strategies,” Boston Bar Association (February 2012)