Maegan Deare joined Ropes & Gray in 2012 as an associate in the securities and public companies group, representing public companies and private equity portfolio companies in a variety of transactions including public and private securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions, securities law compliance and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Maegan worked as a judicial intern for the Honorable Carol S. Ball, associate justice of the Massachusetts Superior Court, and as a legal intern for the health law unit of the Legal Aid Society in New York.
- Representing Wright Medical in its pending merger of equals with Tornier N.V.
- Represented Planet Fitness in its acquisition of eight franchisee-owned stores.
- Represented world’s largest asset manager in several domestic and cross-border private equity co-investment transactions across industries, including in investments in Endurance Energy Ltd. and American Express Global Business Travel.
- Represented Carter’s, Inc., a leading provider of children’s apparel, in its exchange offer.
- Represented Emcor Group in its acquisitions of RepconStrickland, Inc.