Mark represents hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, private equity firms and their portfolio companies, and health care and life sciences companies in appraisal proceedings and other M&A litigation, shareholder class actions, complex commercial disputes, qui tam litigation, and government investigation and enforcement matters. Mark also advises clients on understanding and managing liability risk and assists them in navigating sensitive compliance issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Mark spent a year at Greater Boston Legal Services in Cambridge, litigating housing and public benefits cases.
- Represents acquirors and sellers in litigation arising out of merger transactions, including fiduciary duty and appraisal actions.
- Represented a large health care services company in state court litigation over disputed ownership of a joint venture.
- Represented a prominent health care provider in obtaining dismissal of a state qui tam action.
- Represented a private equity portfolio company in successfully recovering funds from its former insurance broker.
- Represented a national health care services company in a DOJ investigation into alleged Medicare fraud.
- Represented a prominent health care provider in favorably resolving an antitrust investigation.
- Has represented entities under investigation by the SEC in connection with insider trading allegations.
- Has represented several companies, including buyers and sellers, in obtaining antitrust clearance for large transactions.
- Advises private equity firms and hedge funds on liability risk management strategies.
- Assists in overseeing the firm’s medical-legal partnership program, in coordination with DotHouse Health, the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, and Medical-Legal Partnership | Boston.
- Represents families threatened with eviction and individuals faced with potential deportation.