Mark represents private equity firms, hedge funds, health care providers, pharmaceutical companies, religious institutions, and clients in other industries in complex commercial disputes, qui tam litigation, internal and government investigations, securities enforcement, and antitrust enforcement. Mark also advises clients on sensitive compliance matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Mark spent a year at Greater Boston Legal Services in Cambridge, litigating housing and public benefits cases.
- Currently representing a large health care services company in state court litigation involving a dispute over a joint venture.
- Has represented acquirors and sellers in shareholder litigation challenging merger transactions.
- Has represented entities under investigation by the SEC in connection with insider trading allegations.
- Represented a national health care services company in a DOJ investigation into alleged Medicare fraud.
- Represented a prominent health care provider in a state qui tam action, which was dismissed with prejudice.
- Represented a private equity portfolio company in successfully recovering funds from its former insurance broker.
- Represented a teaching hospital in obtaining a favorable settlement to resolve a False Claims Act investigation.
- Represented a large health care provider in resolving an antitrust investigation.
- Has represented several companies, including buyers and sellers, in obtaining regulatory antitrust clearance for large transactions.
- Assists in overseeing the firm’s medical-legal partnership program, in coordination with DotHouse Health, the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, and Medical-Legal Partnership | Boston.
- Represents families threatened with eviction and individuals faced with potential deportation.