Marko S. Zatylny
Marko focuses his practice on advising public and private companies, investment banks and investment funds in mergers & acquisitions, capital markets transactions and corporate governance issues. He handles transactions for clients in a number of industries, including life sciences, financial services, energy/cleantech and retail and consumer. His clients include companies such as Becton Dickinson, Domino’s Pizza, Keurig Green Mountain, LPL Financial, Novavax and Wright Medical Technology. Marko is co-chair of the firm’s energy/cleantech practice. In February 2015, Marko was named “Deal Maker of the Week” by The American Lawyer.
- Pfizer in its pending acquisition of Hospira for approximately $17 billion.
- Wright Medical in its pending merger of equals with Tornier NV
- Novavax in its cross-border tender offer for the outstanding shares of Isconova, a Sweden-based publicly traded vaccine adjuvant company.
- Wright Medical in its sale of its OrthoRecon business to Hong Kong-based MicroPort Scientific Corporation.
- Becton Dickinson, a global medical technology company, in a number of divestitures and acquisitions
- Pfizer in its acquisition of Excaliard Pharmaceuticals, a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of novel drugs for the treatment of skin scarring.
- The lead underwriters in the initial public offering of Cerulean Pharma Inc.
- The lead underwriters in the follow-on offering of Insmed Incorporated.
- The lead underwriters in the initial public offering and subsequent follow-on offerings of Bloomin’ Brands, Inc., one of the largest casual dining restaurant companies in the world.
- LPL Financial Holdings, the holding company for one of the largest brokerage firms in the U.S., in its $522 million initial public offering and subsequent follow on offerings.
- Represented clients in acquisitions of energy/utility assets and the negotiation of various power and energy contracts, including in the renewable energy sector.
- Co-author, “Illinois court affirms single-bidder sale may satisfy Revlon duties,” International Law Office (April 15, 2015)
- Co-author, “Investing Your Way Into FERC Jurisdiction: A Warning to Compliance Officers and Company Counsel,” Bloomberg BNA’s Securities Regulation & Law Report (October 6, 2014)
- Co-author, “SEC Broadens Corporate Officer Liability Exposure By Adding Teeth to Internal Controls Certification and Disclosure Requirements,” Bloomberg BNA “Corporate Law & Accountability Report (September 26, 2014)
- Co-author, “SEC issues broker-dealer no-action letter for M&A brokers,” International Law Office (July 9, 2014)
- Co-author, “Delaware reaffirms latitude granted to informed, independent boards of directors,” International Law Office (June 4, 2014)
- Co-author,“Delaware court rejects attempt to stop accrual of statutory interest in appraisal action,” International Law Office (May 28, 2014)
- Co-author, “Cooper terminates Apollo deal,” International Law Office (March 26, 2014)
- Co-author, “Fair price can trump unfair process,” International Law Office (January 15, 2014)
- Co-author, “The basket case,” International Law Office (November 27, 2013)
- Panelist, "From the Boardroom: Considerations in Option to Purchase Deals," Ropes & Gray Life Sciences Roundtable, San Francisco, January 12, 2014