Marko S. Zatylny
Marko focuses his practice on advising public and private companies, investment banks and investment funds in mergers & acquisitions, capital markets transactions and corporate governance issues. He handles transactions for clients in a number of industries, including life sciences, financial services, energy/infrastructure and retail and consumer. His clients include companies such as Becton Dickinson, Domino’s Pizza, IMS Health, LPL Financial, Pfizer and Wright Medical. Marko is co-chair of the firm’s energy/infrastructure group. In April 2012 and February 2015, Marko was named “Deal Maker of the Week” by The American Lawyer.
- Becton Dickinson, most recently in its recent acquisitions of Alverix, GenCell Biosystems and CRISI Medical Systems and its divestitures of Discovery Labware to Corning, its sterile injectable business to Fresenius Kabi and its vertebral augmentation business to Stryker.
- M/A-COM Technology Solutions in its acquisition of Aeroflex Metelics.
- Novavax in its cross-border tender offer for the outstanding shares of Isconova, a Sweden-based publicly traded vaccine adjuvant company.
- Pfizer in its acquisition of Hospira for approximately $17 billion and Excaliard Pharmaceuticals.
- Wright Medical in its merger of equals with Tornier NV and with the sale of its OrthoRecon business to Hong Kong-based MicroPort Scientific Corporation.
- Veolia and I Squared Capital in their acquisition of the Kendall Square Power Station, a 256 megawatt producer of electrical and steam energy.
- The lead underwriters in the $214 million IPO for Multi Packaging Solutions International.
- The lead underwriters in the $1 billion follow-on offering for HD Supply Holdings.
- The lead underwriters in the initial public offering of Cerulean Pharma.
- The lead underwriters in the follow-on offering of Insmed Incorporated.
- The lead underwriters in the initial public offering and subsequent follow-on offerings of Bloomin’ Brands, one of the largest casual dining restaurant companies in the world.
- LPL Financial, the nation's largest independent broker-dealer, in its $522 million initial public offering and subsequent follow on offerings. Also represented LPL Financial in its acquisition of Concord Wealth Management.
- Covidien in its $2.6 billion acquisition of ev3, Inc.
- Represented clients in acquisitions of energy/utility assets and the negotiation of various power and energy contracts, including in the renewable energy sector.
- Co-author, “Delaware Court of Chancery rules on common law fraud claim following acquisition,” International Law Office Corporate Finance/M&A Newsletter (August 24, 2016)
- Co-author, “Delaware Chancery Court describes standards for attorneys' fees,” International Law Office (September 23, 2015)
- Co-author, “Implied covenant of good faith and scope of arbitration in earnout disputes,” International Law Office (May 27, 2015)
- Co-author, “Illinois court affirms single-bidder sale may satisfy Revlon duties,” International Law Office (April 15, 2015)
- Co-author, “Investing Your Way Into FERC Jurisdiction: A Warning to Compliance Officers and Company Counsel,” Bloomberg BNA’s Securities Regulation & Law Report (October 6, 2014)
- Co-author, “SEC Broadens Corporate Officer Liability Exposure By Adding Teeth to Internal Controls Certification and Disclosure Requirements,” Bloomberg BNA “Corporate Law & Accountability Report (September 26, 2014)
- Co-author, “SEC issues broker-dealer no-action letter for M&A brokers,” International Law Office (July 9, 2014)
- Co-author, “Delaware reaffirms latitude granted to informed, independent boards of directors,” International Law Office (June 4, 2014)
- Co-author,“Delaware court rejects attempt to stop accrual of statutory interest in appraisal action,” International Law Office (May 28, 2014)
- Co-author, “Cooper terminates Apollo deal,” International Law Office (March 26, 2014)
- Co-author, “Fair price can trump unfair process,” International Law Office (January 15, 2014)
- Co-author, “The basket case,” International Law Office (November 27, 2013)
- Panelist, “From the Boardroom: Considerations in Option to Purchase Deals,” Ropes & Gray Life Sciences Roundtable, San Francisco, January 12, 2014