Marko S. Zatylny
Marko focuses his practice on advising public and private companies, investment banks and investment funds in mergers & acquisitions, capital markets transactions and corporate governance issues. He handles transactions for clients in a number of industries, including life sciences, financial services, energy/infrastructure and retail and consumer. His clients include companies such as Becton Dickinson, Domino’s Pizza, IMS Health, LPL Financial, Pfizer and Wright Medical. Marko is co-chair of the firm’s energy/infrastructure group. In February 2015, Marko was named “Deal Maker of the Week” by The American Lawyer.
- Pfizer in its pending acquisition of Hospira for approximately $17 billion.
- Wright Medical in its pending merger of equals with Tornier NV.
- Novavax in its cross-border tender offer for the outstanding shares of Isconova, a Sweden-based publicly traded vaccine adjuvant company.
- Wright Medical in its sale of its OrthoRecon business to Hong Kong-based MicroPort Scientific Corporation.
- Veolia and I Squared Capital. Represented Veolia and I Squared Capital in their acquisition of the Kendall Square Power Station, a 256 megawatt producer of electrical and steam energy.
- Wright Medical. Represented Wright Medical in its sale of its $290 million OrthoRecon business to Hong Kong-based MicroPort Scientific Corporation.
- Becton Dickinson. Represented Becton Dickson, a global medical technology company, in its recent acquisitions of GenCell Biosystems and CRISI Medical Systems.
- Pfizer in its acquisition of Excaliard Pharmaceuticals, a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of novel drugs for the treatment of skin scarring.
- The lead underwriters in the initial public offering of Cerulean Pharma Inc.
- The lead underwriters in the follow-on offering of Insmed Incorporated.
- The lead underwriters in the initial public offering and subsequent follow-on offerings of Bloomin’ Brands, Inc., one of the largest casual dining restaurant companies in the world.
- LPL Financial Holdings, the holding company for one of the largest brokerage firms in the U.S., in its $522 million initial public offering and subsequent follow on offerings.
- Covidien. Represtned Covidien in its $2.6 billion acquisition of ev3, Inc.
- Becton Dickson. Represented Becton, Dickson & Co. in its $730 million sale of Discovery Labware Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of diagnostic and research tools, to Corning Inc., a producer of specialty glasses, ceramics, and related materials worldwide.
- URL Pharma, Inc. Represented URL Pharma, Inc. in its $800 million sale to Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc., a developer of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and gastroenterology pharmaceuticals.
- LPL Investment Holdings. Represented LPL Investment Holdings, the holding company for one of the nation's largest independent broker-dealer network, in its acquisition of Concord Wealth Management.
- Represented clients in acquisitions of energy/utility assets and the negotiation of various power and energy contracts, including in the renewable energy sector.
- Co-author, “Implied covenant of good faith and scope of arbitration in earnout disputes,” International Law Office (May 27, 2015)
- Co-author, “Illinois court affirms single-bidder sale may satisfy Revlon duties,” International Law Office (April 15, 2015)
- Co-author, “Investing Your Way Into FERC Jurisdiction: A Warning to Compliance Officers and Company Counsel,” Bloomberg BNA’s Securities Regulation & Law Report (October 6, 2014)
- Co-author, “SEC Broadens Corporate Officer Liability Exposure By Adding Teeth to Internal Controls Certification and Disclosure Requirements,” Bloomberg BNA “Corporate Law & Accountability Report (September 26, 2014)
- Co-author, “SEC issues broker-dealer no-action letter for M&A brokers,” International Law Office (July 9, 2014)
- Co-author, “Delaware reaffirms latitude granted to informed, independent boards of directors,” International Law Office (June 4, 2014)
- Co-author,“Delaware court rejects attempt to stop accrual of statutory interest in appraisal action,” International Law Office (May 28, 2014)
- Co-author, “Cooper terminates Apollo deal,” International Law Office (March 26, 2014)
- Co-author, “Fair price can trump unfair process,” International Law Office (January 15, 2014)
- Co-author, “The basket case,” International Law Office (November 27, 2013)
- Panelist, "From the Boardroom: Considerations in Option to Purchase Deals," Ropes & Gray Life Sciences Roundtable, San Francisco, January 12, 2014