Leading by Example: Best Practices in Charitable Giving
Please Join Us
International Philanthropy: Trends in Global Giving and Lessons Learned
You're invited to a conversation with Boston-based international philanthropists who have been making a difference in communities around the world. Learn about the state of global giving and the interconnectedness of local and global approaches, and share in the lessons our panelists learned along their journey through international philanthropy.
The conversation will be framed by an overview of current trends in global philanthropy from The Philanthropic Initiative's Center for Global Philanthropy.
This interactive session will explore questions such as:
- How can donors navigate the complex challenges of international giving?
- What is the most effective way to address a humanitarian crisis or a natural disaster?
- What are the strategic considerations for balancing long-term systems building with short-term needs?
- What are the most impactful and sustainable approaches to invest in international development?
- How can donors partner with local communities around the world to support social change?
- Maggi Alexander, The Philanthropic Initiative
- Karen Keating Ansara, Ansara Family Fund and New England International Donors
- Steven Fox, Remmer Family Foundation
The panel will be moderated by Maggi Alexander from The Philanthropic Initiative's Center for Global Philanthropy.
Time: October 3, 2017 | 7:45 – 10 am
Registration and Breakfast 7:45 – 8:30 am | Panel Discussion 8:30 – 10 am
RSVP by September 26
Location: Ropes & Gray Boston Office, Prudential Tower
800 Boylston Street, 49th Floor