The Week at Ropes & Gray: A Report On Risk Management; Aerogroup Files Chapter 11; Two Noteworthy Deals; Recognition in Latin America and China
Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Comprehensive legal and regulatory risk management has never been so important, particularly in large organizations, where complex reporting structures, global jurisdictions, and shareholder bases demand accountability. In the second quarter of 2017, Ropes & Gray and FT Remark, a research service from the Financial Times, conducted a survey of 300 senior-level executives at corporations across many industries, including banking, asset management, private equity, life sciences, health care and technology. Download the report for qualitative and quantitative insights into risk management trends and practices.
- Aerogroup International Inc., a leading global footwear company, commenced Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings on September 15. Ropes & Gray represented Aerogroup, which includes the Aerosoles, A2, Aerology and WhatsWhat brands.
- Two noteworthy transactions hit the market this week:
- CCMP Capital Advisors and PQ Group Holdings Inc. proposed an initial public offering of 29,000,000 shares of common stock, launching with a price range of between $21.00 to $23.00 per share. Ropes & Gray counseled CCMP Capital Advisors and PQ, an integrated, global provider of catalysts, specialty materials and chemicals, and services.
- H.I.G. Capital, LLC, a leading private equity investment firm, and its affiliates entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Vantage Specialty Chemicals Holdings, Inc. from an affiliate of the The Jordan Company, L.P. Vantage, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a leading, vertically integrated provider of sustainable, naturally derived ingredients focused on personal care, industrial, food, and consumer industries with a broad portfolio of over 2,000 products. Ropes & Gray represented H.I.G. Capital, LLC and its affiliates.
- The Australian Government has released a consultation paper proposing the adoption of legislation that would require many multinationals operating in Australia to publicly report on modern slavery risk in their business and supply chains and their related compliance practices. In this new alert, members of the Ropes & Gray supply chain compliance and CSR practice examine the Australian government’s proposal, noting a global increase in awareness of modern slavery: “This year has been especially active for corporate human rights legislation.”
- At the China Law & Practice Awards ceremony in Beijing, Ropes & Gray was named the International “Healthcare & Life Sciences Firm of the Year.” The accolade recognizes the firm for legal expertise, innovation, regulatory and commercial strategy and solutions, client satisfaction, and industry knowledge and experience.
- Ropes & Gray has been ranked by Chambers Latin America as one of the leading law firms in corporate crime and investigations for our work in Latin America. Clients surveyed by Chambers Latin America praised attorneys for showcasing, “international experience and prowess,” affirming: “The firm's strength lies in its highly skilled, international team.” This significant achievement builds upon recent recognition for the firm’s presence in Latin America in The Legal 500 Latin America and Latinvex.
- Follow us on Twitter @RopesGray for legal insights and the latest firm news.