Single-Source and Tailored Solutions
In real estate, there is no one size fits all solution. Our unique team approach combines significant experience from a wide range of disciplines and industries. Drawing on the vast knowledge, resources and experience of our firm’s highly experienced attorneys and integrated practice groups, we offer our clients the comprehensive range of legal services required to identify opportunities, manage risks and succeed in today’s volatile global real estate market. Our clients receive the benefit and peace of mind that comes from a coordinated approach to their real estate, private equity, finance, tax, ERISA, investment and environmental issues.
We provide practical, innovative solutions to a variety of domestic and international real estate-based transactions, and we identify opportunities and manage risk with a keen eye towards achieving our clients’ business goals.
We have more than 85 legal professionals working in our multidisciplinary team, including over 45 attorneys who have a core focus on real estate issues. With 11 offices across three continents, the group represents clients in a broad range of complex, high-profile real estate transactions in the United States, Europe, the United Kingdom, Asia and other jurisdictions.
Our areas of focus include:
Our clients include:
- APG Asset Management
- Bain Capital
- Baupost Group
- CommonWealth REIT, Government Properties Income Trust and Senior Housing Properties Trust (the REITs)
- Harvard College, Harvard Management Company
- King Street Capital
- Pacific Investment Management Company LLC (PIMCO)
- Stanford University Management Company
- The TJX Companies, Inc.
Ropes & Gray’s real estate investments and transactions group has received recognition from a number of industry publications and ranking companies, including:
- Chambers USA 2016 – Ranked as a leading "Real Estate" practice in Massachusetts, with four attorneys recognized as leaders in the field in Massachusetts and New York.
- Chambers UK 2016 – One attorney listed as a leader in the field.
- The Legal 500 US 2016 – Ranked nationally for Real Estate, with five attorneys recommended as leaders in the field.
- The Legal 500 UK 2016 ─ Ranked in the UK as a leading “Real Estate: Property Finance” practice, with one attorney recommended as a leader in the field and another recommended, and as a leading “Real Estate: Commercial Property” practice, with two attorneys recommended.
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers 2015 – One real estate attorney appointed as a fellow to the prestigious organization.
- U.S. News & World Report-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” survey 2017 ─ Ranked in the top tier nationally and in Massachusetts for “Real Estate Law.”
- Best Lawyers in America 2017 ─ Five attorneys recognized for their work in “Real Estate Law.”
- Law360 Rising Stars 2014-15 – One real estate attorney selected as a “Rising Star” in the field for two years in a row.
- New York Law Journal 2015 Rising Stars – One real estate attorney listed as a “Rising Star” in the publication.