Scott A. Jalowayski
Scott has practiced in Asia since 2000, and is widely recognized as a leading private equity lawyer in the region. In addition to Scott’s experience representing private equity funds, Scott also has deep experience in representing multinationals in cross-border M&A and Joint Venture transactions in a variety of industries, including health care, chemicals, solar energy, natural resources, telecommunications, media, retail, and technology.
- Global multi-strategy investor in its sale of a 267-room Tokyo hotel.
- The buyer consortium consisting of TPG Growth and the Chairman of NYSE-listed ShangPharma Corporation in ShangPharma’s 13e-3 going-private transaction valued at approximately US$180 million.
- Goldman Sachs (Asia) in numerous investments and dispositions over the last decade.
- TPG Capital and its portfolio company, Nexeo Solutions LLC, in Nexeo's joint venture with the executives of Beijing Plaschem.
- Bain Capital in the US$489 million sale of Shanghai-based Feixiang Chemicals to Rhodia S.A.
- D. E. Shaw, as the majority exchangeable bondholders in connection with the US$3.4 billion consolidation of Jiangsu Zhongneng and HKSE-Iisted GCL-Poly Energy. This transaction was awarded Asian Legal Business China 2009 M&A Deal of the Year.
- Quanta Computer in its joint venture with The 3M Company to manufacture and market touch screen technology solutions.
- Chambers Asia: Asia’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2009-2015)
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2011, 2013-2015)
- IFLR 1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms (2011)
- Co-author, "M&A Litigation Goes Global," Insights (May 2013)
- "A Private-Equity Boost for China," Wall Street Journal (April 3, 2013)
- "Spotlight On Private Equity In Asia 2012," Law360 (March 2012)
- Featured in Q&A: “Deal Maker Spotlight,” Global M&A (May 2011)
- "A Better Stimulus for China," Wall Street Journal (November 20, 2008)