Steven R. Rutkovsky
Steve focuses his practice on complex leveraged finance and capital markets transactions. He regularly represents private equity funds, debt funds and companies in connection with acquisition financings, refinancings, recapitalizations, direct lending and distressed investment opportunities involving senior credit facilities, high yield bonds and mezzanine loans. Steve is chair of the firm’s Opinion Practices Committee.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in its obtaining senior secured financing for its acquisition of Cotton Patch Cafe, LLC, a restaurant chain with locations in Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in obtaining senior secured financing for its strategic investment and recapitalization of Fox Head, Inc. and Hybrid Apparel, suppliers of branded, licensed and private label apparel and accessories.
- Represented Dunkin’ Brands’ Inc. in obtaining syndicated credit facilities in connection with its $2.4 billion buyout by Bain Capital, Thomas H. Lee Partners and the Carlyle Group and subsequent initial public offering.
- Represented a Private Debt Fund in connection with multiple second lien financings for companies engaged in energy production and services.
- Represented a Private Debt Fund in connection with a PIPE investment in a publicly traded provider of healthcare staffing services.
- Represented Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in obtaining syndicated credit facilities for its acquisition and recapitalization of U.S. Anesthesia Partners, an anesthesia-focused physician services organization.
- Represented Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in obtaining syndicated credit facilities for its acquisition and recapitalization of Smile Brands Group, Inc., one of the largest dental services organizations in the United States.
- Leading Lawyer, IFLR1000 (2015)
- New York Super Lawyers – Metro Edition (Bankruptcy & Creditors/Debtor Rights) (2010, 2013-2014)
- Steven R. Rutkovsky, “An Expert’s View: Developments in Middle Market Loan Terms,” Practical Law Journal (February 2015)
- Quoted, “TRLPC: Retailers Test Wary US Leveraged Market,” Reuters (January 30, 2015)
- Quoted, “TRLPC: Burger King markets $7.25 billion loan package for Tim Hortons buy,” Reuters (September 11, 2014)
- Quoted, “Lenders Loosen Up,” M&A Magazine (May 19, 2014)
- Quoted, “Sense of the markets: Terms tighten on middle market loans,” The Deal (April 16, 2014)