Steven R. Rutkovsky
Steve focuses on complex leveraged financing and capital markets transactions. He represents private equity funds and portfolio companies, private credit and direct lending vehicles, and public companies in a wide range of transactions, including acquisition financings, dividend recapitalizations, revolving credit lines and debt restructurings involving senior secured credit facilities, unitranche and mezzanine facilities, and high-yield bond offerings. Steve is chair of the firm’s Opinion Practices Committee.
- Represented Dunkin’ Brands’ Inc. in obtaining senior secured credit facilities in connection with its $2.4 billion buyout by Bain Capital, Thomas H. Lee Partners and the Carlyle Group.
- Represented a Private Equity Fund in obtaining a $300 million fund subscription facility backed by its limited partners’ capital commitments.
- Represented a Global Investment Management Firm in connection with a $200 million second-lien loan to a private-held company engaged in energy production and services.
- Represented a Private Investment Manager in connection with a PIPE investment in a publicly-traded provider of healthcare staffing services.
- Represented Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in obtaining senior secured credit facilities to finance its acquisition of U.S. Anesthesia Partners, an anesthesia-focused physician services organization.
- Represented Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in obtaining senior secured credit facilities for its acquisition of Smile Brands Group, Inc., one of the largest dental services organizations in the United States.
- Represented Kohlberg & Company in its obtaining an asset-based credit facility and high-yield notes offering for its acquisition of Pittsburgh Glass Works , a leading manufacturer and supplier of automotive glass products and services in North America.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in obtaining senior secured financing for its strategic investment in Fox Head, Inc. and Hybrid Apparel, suppliers of branded, licensed and private label apparel and accessories.
- Quoted, “Are Private Equity Deals in Trouble?” Bloomberg (January 27, 2016)
- Quoted, “Pro-rata volume jumps as corporate buyers take control of M&A,” Reuters (June 29, 2015)
- Steven R. Rutkovsky, “An Expert’s View: Developments in Middle Market Loan Terms,” Practical Law Journal (February 2015)
- Quoted, “TRLPC: Retailers Test Wary US Leveraged Market,” Reuters (January 30, 2015)
- Quoted, “TRLPC: Burger King markets $7.25 billion loan package for Tim Hortons buy,” Reuters (September 11, 2014)
- Quoted, “Lenders Loosen Up,” M&A Magazine (May 19, 2014)
- Quoted, “Sense of the markets: Terms tighten on middle market loans,” The Deal (April 16, 2014)