Zachary R. Blume
Zach Blume focuses his practice on representing public companies in business combinations, public offerings and private financings. In addition, Zach regularly advises public company and hedge fund clients on securities law compliance and governance issues.
- Represented Shire Plc. in its $32 billion combination with Baxalta for a combination of cash and stock and its acquisition of Dyax Corporation for $5.9 billion in cash plus contingent value rights.
- Represented Cubist Pharmaceuticals in its sale to Merck for $9.5 billion and in its simultaneously announced acquisitions of Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Trius Therapeutics, Inc. for cash and contingent value rights valued at $801 million and $818 million, respectively.
- Represented Multi Packaging Solutions International Limited in its $2.3 billion sale to WestRock Company.
- Represented Genzyme Corporation in its sale to Sanofi for $20.1 billion in cash plus contingent value rights.
- Represented Entegris, Inc. in its $1.15 billion acquisition of ATMI, Inc.
- Represented Aegerion Pharmaceuticals in its business combination transaction with QLT Inc.
- Represented Reebok International Ltd. in its sales of The Rockport Company and Mitchell & Ness.
- Represented MACOM Technology Solutions in its acquisition of Aeroflex Metelics.
- Represented TA Instruments, a subsidiary of Waters Corporation, in its acquisition of certain assets of the Bose ElectroForce Group.
- Represented Timberland Company in its $2.23 billion sale to V.F. Corporation.
- Represented URL Pharma Corp. in its sale for $800 million plus contingent consideration to Takeda.
- Represented Alexion Pharmaceuticals Corp. in its acquisition of Enobia Pharma Corp. for $610 million in cash plus contingent consideration.
- Represented BioMimetic Therapeutics in its sale to Wright Medical for a combination of stock and cash valued at $190 million plus contingent value rights.
- Represented Synageva BioPharma Corp. in its acquisition, through a reverse merger, of Trimeris, Inc. and six follow-on offerings with total proceeds of over $750 million.
- Represented Aegerion Pharmaceuticals in its issuance of $320 million of convertible notes.
- Represented Keurig Green Mountain in a follow-on public equity offering and concurrent private placement valued at approximately $689 million.
- Represented Alexion Pharmaceuticals Corp. in its $465 million follow-on equity offering.
- Represented the underwriters in the IPOs of bluebird bio, Inc. and Foundation Medicine, Inc.
- Represented the underwriters in a $750 million convertible note offering by Incyte Corporation.
- Co-author, “Court reverses finding of financial adviser aiding and abetting liability,” International Law Office (March 16, 2016)
- Co-author, “Delaware Chancery Court describes standards for attorneys' fees,” International Law Office (September 23, 2015)