Public Companies Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented Asia-IO Acquisition Fund L.P. in the acquisition of the controlling interest (55.17%) in Daiwa Associate Holdings Limited (1037.HK), a company listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange that specializes in electronics component manufacturing and distribution. The transaction triggered an unconditional general offer to the remaining shareholders by Asia-IO Acquisition Fund.
- Advised Sun Hung Kai Investment Services Limited (a member of the China Everbright group), as financier to Ally Bridge Group (as a joint offeror with a consortium established by an affiliate of the target company’s controlling shareholder and GL Capital Group) in its proposed HK$2.34 billion privatisation offer for the H shares of Shandong Luoxin Pharmaceutical Group (8058.HK) by way of a voluntary conditional cash offer.
- Advised Luye Pharma Group Ltd. on a proposed acquisition of various businesses in the U.S.
- Advised ASM Pacific Technology on its acquisition of a semi-conducter business in the U.S.
- Advised Salamanca, a UK-based investment fund, in the sale of its shareholding in China Polymetallic Mining Limited, a Hong Kong-listed company, to CITIC Dameng Holdings Limited for consideration shares in CITIC Dameng.
- Advised the controlling shareholders of Golden Harvest in its voluntary conditional cash offer for all issued shares, outstanding convertible notes, and granted share options of Golden Harvest.
- Advised Stone Group Holdings in connection with its privatization, through a scheme of arrangement, and subsequent delisting from the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised i100 Limited, a Hong Kong-listed company, in its mandatory unconditional cash offer for shares in i100 Limited by Altus Capital Limited on behalf of a wholly-owned subsidiary of Easyknit International Holdings Limited, a Hong Kong-listed garment company.
- Advising private equity funds, including Blackstone and Bain, on proposed acquisition of shares in Hong Kong listed companies and the related general offers.
Private Companies Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advised New World Strategic Investment (a member of the New World Group) in its acquisition of Baby Kingdom, a Hong Kong-based e-commerce company.
- Represented Gebr. Schmid GmbH of the Schmid Group, a developer of tailor-made equipment and processor of solutions for innovative industrial sectors, in the restructuring of its Asian subsidiaries including the acquisition of minority interests in certain Hong Kong companies and disposal of interests in a Taiwan incorporated subsidiary facilitated by cash consideration and certain share swaps.
- Advised a number of Chinese and international corporates including Coach (NYSE listed), TOM Group Limited (HKSE listed), Perry Ellis (NYSE listed), SPX (NYSE listed), on merger and acquisition, public takeovers and other corporate and commercial matters.
- Advising Sequoia Capital as offeror in a mandatory general offer of Dongpeng Holdings Company Limited and the privatization thereof.
- Advised Bank of America Merrill Lynch, as sole global coordinator, sole bookrunner, sole lead manager and sole sponsor, in Sitoy Group Holdings Limited's global offering of ordinary shares and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised Coach, Inc. in its listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Depositary Receipts. The listing makes Coach the first company incorporated in the United States to list in Hong Kong, and is only the third depositary receipt program in Hong Kong.
- Advised UBS AG, Hong Kong Branch and a global investment bank, as lead managers, in NT Pharma (Group) Co., Ltd’s initial public offering of common stock and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised Sound Global Ltd. in connection with its listing by way of introduction on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Sound Global is a leading water and wastewater treatment solutions provider in China. Sound Global's ordinary shares are also listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange.
- Advised China Liansu Group Holdings Ltd. in connection with its global offering of ordinary shares for aggregate proceeds and the related listing of such shares on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. J.P. Morgan and UBS acted as joint global coordinators for the transaction.
- Advised Morgan Stanley and China International Capital Corporation (Sinopec) as the joint sponsors and global coordinators on the H shares multiple listing of Sinopec on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, NYSE and the LSE.
Ropes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 52100).
- Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers in Business
- Chambers Asia Pacific: Asia Pacific’s Leading Lawyers for Business in Capital Markets: Equity (International Firms)
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific in Capital Markets – Debt and Equity
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific in Corporate M&A
- Highly regarded in IFLR1000 in Capital Markets – Equity (2018-2019)
- Quoted, “Hong Kong’s IPO Dilemma,” The Wall Street Journal (August 28, 2013)
- Quoted, “Rigid rules spark IPO filing rush,” International Financing Review Asia (August 17, 2013)