Sarah Young is an associate in the mergers & acquisitions group. Sarah advises a diverse range of public and private companies and investors on domestic and cross-border transactions, including mergers, tender and exchange offers and stock and asset acquisitions. Sarah advises clients in various industries on strategic matters and issues of corporate governance and securities laws.
Matters completed prior to joining Ropes & Gray:
- Represented DigitalGlobe in its 2017 agreement to be acquired by MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd. for $3.6 billion
- Represented Microsemi Corporation in its successful $2.5 billion “deal jump” for PMC-Sierra, Inc., resulting in the termination of PMC-Sierra’s existing merger agreement with Skyworks Solutions
- Represented Ticketfly, Inc., a leading live events technology company, in its $450 million sale to Pandora
- Represented Dealertrack Technologies in its $4 billion sale to Cox Automotive by way of a cash tender offer followed by a second step merger
- Represented Ashley Stewart Inc. in the sale of a controlling interest of the global lifestyle brand to an affiliate of The Invus Group LLC from affiliates of Clearlake Capital Group, LP and FirePine Group, LLC
- Represented BB&T Corporation in its $1.8 billion acquisition of National Penn Bancshares, Inc.
- Represented MakerBot Industries, a leader in desktop 3D printing, in its $600 million acquisition by Stratasys, Inc.
- Represented Honeywell International, Inc. on its cross-border acquisition of Aviaso, an international aviation software company
- Co-author, “Forging Ahead with “Entire Fairness,” or Playing it Safer (Procedurally Speaking),” Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation (September 22, 2017)