S. Lara Ameri
Lara Ameri is an associate in the intellectual property litigation group. Lara has a wide-ranging IP litigation practice that includes patent, copyright, trademark, false advertising, and trade secret matters across a variety of fields including wireless technology and telecommunications, e-commerce, software, retail, and data storage. Lara has experience in district court litigation from pre-suit analysis through trial preparation, including drafting pleadings, summary judgment motions, and briefs, preparing for fact and expert witness depositions, and assisting with damages assessments. Lara also has an active pro bono practice in which she works with clients to obtain asylum.
Lara is an attorney advisor for IP and patent law classes and formerly served as a teaching assistant for multiple IP classes. During law school, Lara interned at the United States Securities and Exchange Commission in the Commission’s Honors Program. Prior to law school, Lara worked as a paralegal in Ropes & Gray’s litigation and enforcement practice group.
- Collision Communications, Inc. v. Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson et al. (E.D. Tex.): Representing Collision Communications in the Eastern District of Texas in a lawsuit involving infringement of multiple 4G/LTE patents by Ericsson’s cellular infrastructure products and services.
- Stylitics, Inc. v. FindMine, Inc. (S.D.N.Y.): Representing Stylitics in a patent infringement lawsuit involving e-commerce software.
- Co-author, “Beware Arbitration Clauses That May Bar Inter Partes Review,” Law360 (June 24, 2022)
- Speaker, “2021 TTAB Year in Review,” Intellectual Property Owners Association Webinar (April 5, 2022)
- JD, cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2021
- BA (Sociology), Boston College, 2014
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2022