David Blittner is chair of the private equity transactions group and a partner in the New York office. David is a seasoned corporate transactions attorney with over 30 years of experience practicing in New York. He advises private equity sponsors in connection with acquisitions, dispositions and financings. He has deep experience steering leveraged buyouts and dispositions of public and private companies, as well as minority investments, public recapitalizations and restructurings. He also represents clients on general corporate matters, including governance, equity capital markets liquidity events and securities law compliance matters.
David is ranked as a leading lawyer in private equity by Chambers Global, Chambers USA, New York Super Lawyer, Best Lawyers in America, IFLR1000 and The Legal 500. Clients describe him as “very practical and detail-oriented” and note him to be a “very seasoned and talented deal partner” and a “rock-solid adviser.” (Chambers USA)
David frequently represents leading private equity sponsors, including Avista Capital Partners, CCMP Capital Partners, Partners Group and New Mountain Capital.
- Featured, “Private Equity Group Of The Year: Ropes & Gray,” Law360 (January 28, 2020)
- Quoted, “Behind Ropes & Gray's Busy Spring,” The Deal (June 12, 2018)
- Quoted, “Private Equity Group Of The Year: Ropes & Gray,” Law360 (January 30, 2018)
- JD, Columbia University School of Law, 1991
- BA, Binghamton University, State University of New York, 1988
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 1992
- The Best Lawyers in America (2018-2023)
- IFLR 1000 (2017-2023)
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2016-2023)
- Chambers Global (2018-2022)
- Legal 500 (2016-2020)
- New York Super Lawyers (2006-2018)