Alyce Chen advises multinational life sciences companies on a range of strategic transactions, including cross-border mergers and acquisitions, equity and cooperative joint ventures, venture capital financings and public offerings.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Alyce was an associate in the Boston headquarters of another global law firm, where she counseled public and private companies in the technology, life sciences and financial services sectors.
- Advised numerous life sciences and consumer goods companies in venture financing transactions from formation to exit and on corporate governance, intellectual property, and other ongoing commercial matters.
- Advised public companies in the life sciences and technology sectors on public company and securities compliance, including on Nasdaq and Hong Kong Stock Exchange compliance matters.
- Represented various venture capital firms investing in companies in the life sciences and consumer goods sectors in the U.S. and the Asia-Pacific region.
- Represented various multinational companies, including Johnson & Johnson and Fibrogen, in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and divestitures in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Advised LianBio, a company launched by life sciences investment firm Perceptive Advisors, in its formation, fundraising activities in the U.S. and China (including its $310 million crossover financing), bespoke strategic platform collaborations with Pfizer and BridgeBio and $325 million IPO of American depository shares on Nasdaq.
- Co-author, “Preparing For Your Cross-Border Deal: Practice Tips for In-house Counsel,” ACC Docket (June 2017)
Admissions / Qualifications
- Hong Kong, Registered Foreign Lawyer (Massachusetts), 2022
- New York, 2016
- Massachusetts, 2015
- Legal 500 (2022-2023)