Christopher M. Gillis
Christopher is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s health care group and provides transactional, corporate governance, and regulatory compliance advice to hospitals, health systems, educational institutions, physician practices and other provider organizations, insurance companies, and managed care organizations. In addition, Christopher practices in Ropes & Gray’s public finance practice, where he has served as borrower’s counsel, underwriter’s counsel, and bond counsel in connection with tax-exempt and taxable, public and private financing transactions for health systems and higher education institutions.
- Advised hospital and health systems in connection with strategic transactions, including mergers, member substitutions, joint ventures, and other affiliations.
- Advised higher education institutions with mergers and other affiliations.
- Participated in more than $2 billion in various bond offerings, direct purchases, and private placements for health systems and higher education institutions in California, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, and New York, as borrower’s, bond and underwriter’s counsel.
- Advised on regulatory compliance matters for hospitals/health systems, higher educational institutions, and insurance companies, including on federal and state licensure requirements, corporate integrity agreement implementation, accreditation issues, fraud and abuse laws, and reimbursement matters.
- Advised health systems regarding various corporate governance matters.
- Co-author, “Rutledge vs. PCMA: The future of state regulation of pharmacy benefit,” Westlaw Today (June 25, 2021)
- Co-Author, “Beyond Blue and White Collar: Age-Related Decline, Occupation, and Retirement Timing,” 5 J. Retirement 26 (2017).
- JD, cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 2019
- BA (Economics), cum laude, College of the Holy Cross, 2014
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2019