Vincent W. Ip
Vincent Ip is a partner in the asset management group. He previously practiced in the firm’s Boston office with the private investment funds and private equity groups.
Vincent advises investment advisors and sponsors on all aspects of their business, with a focus on the formation and ongoing representation of Asia-focused private investment funds including buyout and growth equity funds, venture capital funds, distressed/special situations funds, real estate and infrastructure funds, co-investment funds, secondary funds and funds of funds. He regularly advises sponsors on management company structures and other internal matters such as employee investment schemes, as well as on general corporate issues including corporate governance and securities law and compliance matters.
Vincent also regularly represents some of the world’s largest institutional investors (including sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, funds of funds, endowments and family offices) in connection with investments in private investment funds, hedge funds and separate accounts, and on secondary and co-investment transactions.
Vincent has been named as a rising star of Law360 (2019).
- Alplnvest Partners
- China Everbright
- China Ping An Insurance
- CMC Capital Partners
- RRJ Capital
- Various Asian, Canadian and European sovereign wealth funds
- Co-author, “Management Fees for Private Equity and Venture Capital Funds in the Post-Investment Period. a Review,“ HKPEFA Newsletter (January 2014)
- Co-author, “Comment: Calculating Fees,” Private Equity International (November 29, 2013)
- Co-author, "Access to Fund Management in China," MFA Reporter (Winter 2010)
- JD, cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 2006; Executive Editor for Professional Publications, Annual Review of Banking & Financial Law
- BA (Economics), with Honors, Swarthmore College, 2003