Vincent W. Ip
Vincent Ip joined Ropes & Gray in 2006 and is a partner in the private investment funds group. He previously practiced in the firm’s Boston office with the private investment funds and private equity groups.
Vincent represents institutional investors (including sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, funds of funds and endowments) and other investors in connection with investments in private investment funds, hedge funds and separate accounts, as well as co-investment and secondary transactions.
Vincent also has extensive experience advising fund sponsors on all aspects of their business, particularly on the formation and ongoing representation of Asia-focused private investment funds including buyout funds, venture capital funds, special situations funds and real estate funds. He advises fund sponsors on management company structures and other internal matters such as employee investment schemes and profit sharing arrangements, as well as on corporate governance and general securities law and compliance matters.
- AlpInvest Partners
- Bain Capital
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (“CPPIB”)
- CITIC Private Equity
- FountainVest Partners
- RRJ Capital
- Various sovereign wealth funds in Asia and globally
- Co-author, “Management Fees for Private Equity and Venture Capital Funds in the Post-Investment Period. a Review,“ HKPEFA Newsletter(January 2014)
- Co-author, “Comment: Calculating Fees,” Private Equity International (November 29, 2013)
- Co-author, "Access to Fund Management in China," MFA Reporter (Winter 2010)