Jill Kalish Levy
Jill Kalish Levy represents private equity firms, global financial institutions, lender syndicates, mezzanine investors, corporate borrowers and debtor corporations in a variety of finance transactions including leveraged acquisition financings, project financings, working capital facilities, exit financings and debtor-in-possession financings, and debt restructurings.
Experience prior to joining the firm include:
- Represented the New Jersey Nets in the financing of the acquisition of the Nets by Mikhail Prokhorov.
- Represented JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. in the exit financing provided for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. in connection with the company’s emergence from bankruptcy.
- Represented Credit Suisse, Singapore Branch as Lead Arranger in the $700 million financing of two power plants located in the Philippines, involving collateralization and securitization in eight countries.
- Represented Patriot Coal Corporation in the $500 million syndicated financing in connection with the spin-off of Patriot Coal Corporation from Peabody Energy Corporation.
- Represented Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. in the $3.5 billion financing of the acquisition of Dollar General Corporation.
- Represented JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. in the $1.6 billion financing of the acquisition of Reader’s Digest Association, Inc.
- Represented Motor Coach Industries International as debtor in the $160 million debtor-in-possession financing entered into with a syndicate led by General Electric Capital Corporation.
- Co-author, “CDS ‘Net Short’ Holder Market Developments,” The New York Law Journal (September 20, 2019)
- JD, Columbia University School of Law, 2004
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2005
- New Jersey, 2004