Dorota Maj is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s asset management group, based in London. Dorota advises financial institutions, fund managers and fintech companies on financial services regulatory matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Dorota was an associate at the London office of a U.S. law firm. During her time there Dorota was seconded to various fund managers, where she advised on a range of commercial and regulatory matters.
- Advising onshore and offshore fund managers on marketing under the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD)*
- Reviewing limited partnership agreements, subscription agreements, private placement memoranda, management agreements and investment advisory agreements in light of regulatory requirements*
- Undertaking review of anti-money laundering procedures for emerging markets fund manager and UK mid-market fund manager in light of the implementation of the Fourth Money Laundering Directive (MLD4)*
- Drafting sanctions policy for UK mid-market fund manager*
- Conducting pre-investment and pre-exit anti-money laundering and sanctions due diligence on candidate portfolio companies, vendors and purchasers*
- Conducting reviews of fund manager’s compliance manuals (in particular in relation to product governance) in light of the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) II*
- Advising fintech provider on whether it is subject to FCA regulation*
- Conducting analysis of whether tokens are securities under UK law*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, Distinction, College of Law, 2011
- GDL, Merit, BPP Law School, 2010
- LLM, Merit, University College London, 2009
- Master of Laws, University of Gdańsk, 2007