Scott J. Pinarchick
Scott Pinarchick is a partner in the tax practice, based in Boston. Scott’s practice focuses on U.S. federal income tax matters with special emphasis on mergers and acquisitions and private equity. He also regularly advises clients on equity and debt financings, fund formations, SPAC transactions and securities offerings.
Scott has significant experience in the acquisition and disposition of companies by its founders and companies backed by private equity or venture capital. He is also very knowledgeable in international tax issues that arise in cross-border transactions. He regularly advises U.S. and non-U.S. investors regarding their investment activity in and outside of the U.S.
Scott’s clients include private equity, venture capital and other investment firms, public and private companies, financial institutions, insurance companies and founders in the healthcare, technology, consumer, communications, media, energy and financial industries.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Scott was a partner at another leading global law firm.
Matters completed prior to joining Ropes & Gray:
- Represented Charlesbank Capital Partners in its investment in Solve Advisors, the global industry leader of pre-trade price transparency data in fixed income markets.
- Represented Monomoy Capital Partners in its acquisition of Artesian Spas and Marquis Hot Tubs to create a leading pool and spa wellness platform.
- Represented Monomoy Capital Partners in its acquisition of Cast-Crete, the nation’s largest manufacturer and distributor of precast and prestressed concrete lintels and sills.
- Represented DW Healthcare Partners in the sale of its portfolio company WillowWood Global LLC to Blue Sea Capital. WillowWood is a leading designer and manufacturer of a broad range of prosthetic products.
- Represented Philips in its acquisitions of Intact Vascular, Inc., a U.S.-based developer of medical devices for minimally-invasive peripheral vascular procedures, for $275 million and Vesper Medical, Inc., a US-based medical technology company that develops minimally-invasive peripheral vascular devices, for an undisclosed amount.
- Represented Philips in the sale of its Aging and Caregiving Group to Connect America.
- Represented Butterfly Network Inc. in its acquisition by Longview Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company sponsored by Glenview Capital Management, LLC. The transaction was valued at $1.5 billion.
- Represented Sojitz Corporation in its acquisition of a majority interest in the McClure Company, one of the largest mechanical, contracting, and energy services firms.
- Represented MPE Partners in the recapitalization of Waterfront Brands, the industry-leading designer and manufacturer of premium watercraft lifts, docks, and related accessories.
- Represented Nuvve Holdings Corp. in the formation of a $750 million joint venture with Stonepeak Partners to deploy turnkey electric vehicle charging and transportation as a service for school buses and other commercial fleets.
- Represented Columbia Capital in the recapitalization of euNetworks Group Limited which includied a growth equity investment by Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners. euNetworks Group Limited is a company engaged in the ownership and operation of fiber optic networks throughout Europe.
- Represented GTS Central Europe and its consortium of private equity investors in its €546 million acquisition by Deutsche Telekom AG.
- Represented Spectrum Equity Investors in the $272.5 million sale of its portfolio company, Choice Cable TV of Puerto Rico, to a subsidiary of Liberty Global.
- Profiled, “Hub Hires: Ropes & Gray, Fisher Phillips, Nutter,” Law360 (February 28, 2022)
- Quoted, “Ropes & Gray Builds Tax Practice With Ex-Mintz Attorney,” Law360 (February 16, 2022)
- LLM, with distinction, Georgetown University Law Center, 1997
- JD, Syracuse University College of Law, 1995
- BA (Accounting), University of Colorado, 1991
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 1997
- New Jersey, 1995
- New York, 1996