Lauren Sager joined Ropes & Gray’s corporate department in 2021 and practices in the life sciences regulatory and compliance group. During law school, she served as a note and comment editor of the American University Law Review. Prior to law school, Lauren worked in advertising at a Spanish-language media company and completed her graduate studies in public health at Brown University, where she conducted research on mindfulness-based health interventions.
- Performed FDA regulatory diligence for acquisitions of and investments in medical device, pharmaceutical, digital health, contract research, cosmetics, regulatory consulting, and life sciences media companies.
- Performed FDA regulatory diligence for initial public offerings and follow-on offerings of pharmaceutical, biotech, and cosmetics companies.
- Assisted a medical device manufacturer during an FDA inspection and in responding to an FDA Form 483.
- Counseled pharmaceutical manufacturers on policy developments relating to advertising and promotion.
- Evaluated promotional claims and marketing materials for a variety of pharmaceutical and medical device clients.
- Advised pharmaceutical clients on issues related to clinicaltrials.gov requirements.
- Assisted a medical device company in updating FDA establishment registrations and device listings.
- Counseled a pro bono client on issues related to medical device importing and exporting.
- Co-author, “FDA updates guidance on cybersecurity responsibilities for medical device manufacturers,” Westlaw Today (May 23, 2022)
- Co-author, “Expect Aggressive Life Sciences Enforcement In 2022,” Law360 (February 14, 2022)
- Co-author, “2021 Enforcement Review: FDA-Regulated Medical Products,” Ropes & Gray Article (January 31, 2022)
- Co-author, “From Self-Esteem to Selflessness: An Evidence (Gap) Map of Self-Related Processes as Mechanisms of Mindfulness-Based Interventions,” Frontiers in Psychology (2021)
- Co-author, “The Effect of Mindfulness-Based Programs on Cognitive Function in Adults: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis,” Neuropsychology Review (2021)
- Co-author, “Emotion-Related Constructs Engaged by Mindfulness-Based Interventions: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis,” Mindfulness (2020)
- JD, magna cum laude, American University Washington College of Law, 2020; Order of the Coif; Note & Comment Editor, American University Law Review
- MPH, Brown University, 2017
- BA (International Affairs), Skidmore College, 2013
Admissions / Qualifications
- District of Columbia, 2021