William M. Shields
Will Shields is co-chair of the private equity transactions group and a partner in the Boston office. His practice focuses on representing private equity firms and public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and other direct investments. Will also represents investment management firms in connection with strategic transactions including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and restructurings.
- Quoted, “Sellers Gain Leverage With Rep and Warranty Insurance,” WSJ Pro Private Equity (September 5, 2018)
- Quoted, “Behind Ropes & Gray's Busy Spring,” The Deal (June 12, 2018)
- Quoted, “Private Equity Group Of The Year: Ropes & Gray,” Law360 (January 30, 2018)
- Quoted, “GPs grow big insurance platforms through small acquisitions,” Buyouts (November 23, 2015)
- Quoted, “Capital Calls: With exits up, PE add-ons slow,” The Deal (July 24, 2015)
- Quoted, “Sponsor-Backed IPO Market On Fire; More Deals Queued,” Buyouts (June 3, 2013)