Director - Behavioral Insights
Nitish is Director of Behavioral Insights at R&G Insights Lab, Ropes & Gray’s innovative legal consulting group, which combines world-class legal services with expertise in analytics and behavioral science.
Nitish specializes in distilling insights from cutting edge fields, ranging from behavioral science to human-centered design, into actionable strategies for clients. With a Masters in Behavioral Science, coupled with a background as a litigator specializing in multi-jurisdictional investigations and complex financial services cases, Nitish is uniquely positioned to co-design with clients an entirely new approach to legal and compliance matters.
Creativity is at the core of Nitish’s approach to understanding, defining, mapping and solving client challenges. He also employs visualizations and data science techniques to provide his clients with clearer insight into the complex, interacting systems which often underpin organizational risks. He combines a strong academic framework with practical understanding of the context in which clients operate to deliver novel insights, interventions and solutions. His key areas of research include psychological safety in the workplace, and cooperation and trust (especially between humans and robots).
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Nitish led a multi-disciplinary innovation team at another global law firm. In this role, he designed and developed new products and services and worked with emerging legal technologies. Nitish began his career as a litigator at the same firm, living and working in a range of locations including New York and Hong Kong.
- Christopher Forsyth and Nitish Upadhyaya, “Crown Immunity after the End of Empire in Hong Kong and India,” U.K. Const. L. Blog (2 November 2013)
- Christopher Forsyth and Nitish Upadhyaya (2011), “The Development of the Prerogative Remedies in England and India: The Student Becomes the Master?” National Law School of India Review, 23(1), 77–85 (2011)
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- MSc (Behavioural Science), Distinction, London School of Economics and Political Science, 2022
- LPC, Distinction, College of Law, 2011
- BA (Hons) (Law), University of Cambridge, 2010
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2014