Thursday, September 24, 2015 • 12:30-1:30 p.m. PT • 3:30-4:30 p.m. ET
While taxation of private equity, hedge, and other alternative funds has remained a hot topic for investors, a number of recent tax developments specifically affect the tax situation of the investment professionals who manage such funds. These developments appear accompanied by increased levels of government audit activity. Please join tax partner Lucas Rachuba, investment management partner Greg Davis, and tax counsel Kathleen Gregor as they explore the ever changing taxation landscape affecting individual asset managers. Topics that will be discussed include:
- IRS proposed regulations on management fee waivers
- Impact of proposed IRS regulations carried interest and other profits interest structures
- Self-employment tax developments & strategies
- The impact of California market-based sourcing rules on investment managers and other asset management companies
- Asset managers in the face of the San Francisco gross receipts tax
- The potential impact of BEPS regulation
- Latest developments in taxation of insurance dedicated fund platforms
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find out more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.