- The dealmakers were busy this week, headlined by Pfizer Inc. (represented by Ropes & Gray), which announced two acquisitions: Medivation Inc., the San Francisco-based biotech company that focuses on cancer drugs, for $14 billion, and the small molecule antibiotics business of AstraZeneca.
- Ropes & Gray also is representing CCMP Capital Advisors in its acquisition of Badger, a maker and supplier of team uniforms; Smile Brands Group, Inc., provider of support services to dental groups, in its sale to PE firm Gryphon Investors; and Revelstoke Capital Partners in its acquisition of Fast Pace Urgent Care.
- Just in time for the uptick in deal activity, Ropes & Gray’s M&A team released “The Ropes Recap,” a quarterly recap of mergers & acquisitions law news, including news from the courts; Delaware legislative, tax and SEC updates; and a focus on the UK.
- Government enforcement partners examine anti-corruption developments in the real estate industry in a two-part series published by the FCPA Blog. “The mere appearance of impropriety can destroy investment value,” they write.
- Coming up: Ropes & Gray is co-sponsoring, with Chambers, a seminar “Navigating the Enforcement Landscape,” on Sept. 13 in New York City. Ropes & Gray attorneys will be joined by government attorneys and in-house counsel in discussing critical areas facing companies, financial institutions and asset managers in a global environment and providing practical guidance on how best to navigate these complex problems. Register here.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find out more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.