Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- In cross-border deal news this week, Ropes & Gray advised Baring Private Equity Asia on its $1.8 billion sale, alongside Shanghai-based Bright Food Group, of British breakfast cereal brand Weetabix to U.S.-based Post Holdings.
- In additional transaction news out of Asia, China’s CMC Capital Partners partnered with U.S.-based global entertainment and sports agency Creative Artists Agency (CAA) to form CAA China, which will focus on business and client opportunities in the Chinese market. Hong Kong-based private equity partner Daniel Yeh led the Ropes & Gray team advising CMC Capital Partners on the agreement.
- Ropes & Gray corporate attorneys provide a timely update on developments in M&A law emanating from the Delaware courts and beyond in “The Ropes Recap.” Our most recent edition, released this week, covers decisions on topics including appraisals, disclosure-only settlements and expense advancements, among other updates on governance, SEC actions, tax issues, and updates from Asia and the UK.
- One year ago, the U.S. Department of Justice instituted a pilot program to combat Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) violations, formalizing its practice of rewarding corporate cooperation and remediation with penalty reductions beyond what was historically available. In an analysis published in Law360, government enforcement attorneys from Ropes & Gray assessed the data and the trends in an analysis of the program after its first year, noting patterns and key takeaways—including that FCPA enforcement activity is likely to keep getting stronger.
- Coming up: Attorneys from our health care, life sciences and government enforcement practices will talk about the impact that the Trump administration has had in its first 100 days on regulatory and compliance issues facing life sciences and health care industries. Join us for the teleconference on May 2.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find our more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.