Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Three noteworthy transactions announced by our clients include:
- Accela, Inc. announced the sale of the assets and operations of its Legislative Management business, previously known as IQM2, to cloud-based software provider Granicus. Ropes & Gray advised Accela in the transaction.
- Coca-Cola Beverages Florida, LLC, a family-owned, independent Coca-Cola bottler, announced that it completed a private offering of $375 million in senior unsecured notes and entered into an agreement for a new $325 million senior unsecured revolving credit facility. Ropes & Gray represented Coke Florida in the transaction.
- Berkshire Partners, a Boston-based investment firm, announced the completion of a $1 billion debt refinancing of its portfolio company Access CIG, LLC. Ropes & Gray represented both Berkshire Partners and Access CIG in the refinancing.
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) compliance will be a core responsibility of in-house legal departments in 2018 and beyond. This alert looks at emerging CSR trends that should be on the radar screen of in-house counsel and provides suggestions for legal departments that are building out their CSR compliance function.
- It is likely that clauses in fund documents that relate to how funds can be recapitalized toward the end of their lives will increasingly affect GPs. In a Q&A published by Bloomberg Brief Private Equity, Keren Rimon and Larry Rowe examine the latest issues watched by fund sponsors and investors, including significant regulatory issues facing private fund investors, concerns about recent market developments, and reasons behind the market’s current preference for LPs and the associated impact on fund terms.
- A U.S. federal judge recently ruled that cryptocurrencies - such as Bitcoin - can be regulated as commodities by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Ed Baer is quoted on this development in a number of publications.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for legal insights and the latest firm news.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find our more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.