Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- TPG Capital, the private equity platform of global alternative asset firm TPG, has announced an agreement to make a strategic minority investment in Anastasia Beverly Hills, a high-growth, prestige beauty company. TPG is partnering with Anastasia Beverly Hills to help enhance its operations and growth, with a focus on e-commerce and international expansion. Ropes & Gray represents TPG Capital in the strategic investment.
- At a Yahoo Finance cryptocurrency event late last week, William Hinman, Director of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s Division of Corporation Finance, definitively stated that neither bitcoin nor ether are securities and that offers and sales of these cryptocurrencies are not securities transactions. In this alert, our attorneys provide their primary takeaways from the remarks.
- It’s been just under one month since the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) took effect. Ropes & Gray partner Mark Barnes, associates Michael DiMaio and David Peloquin and Harvard Medical School professor Barbara Bierer, M.D. co-authored an article published by Bloomberg Law that evaluates concerns regarding using consent as a basis to process special categories of personal data, including health and genetic data, as required under the new regulation.
- On June 21, Ropes & Gray was named “Law Firm of the Year in Promoting Flexible Working Environments and Innovative Programs for Mothers” at the Chambers Women in Law Awards: USA 2018, held at the Yale Club of New York City. Chambers noted that Ropes & Gray has created a culture of flexibility to support the work and personal lives of its women attorneys.
- Our accomplished women attorneys often receive recognition for their work on complex matters and hard-earned success for clients. Most recently, Ropes & Gray San Francisco-based litigation & enforcement partner Anne Johnson Palmer was named to The Daily Journal’s 40 Under 40 class of 2018, a list highlighting leading California attorneys under the age of 40. Ms. Johnson Palmer has served as lead counsel in several high-profile cases, securing favorable decisions for her clients, and is an active member of Ropes & Gray’s Women’s Forum.
- Attorneys across our global practice collaborate to offer a broad range of capabilities to clients focused on India. Ropes & Gray has been named a top international law firm by India Business Law Journal in its 11th annual Intelligence Report, which is compiled based on extensive consultation with India-focused corporate counsel around the world.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for legal insights and the latest firm news.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find out more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.