Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Following a four-year investigation, the Competition Commission of India announced that Google did not infringe applicable competition laws in terminating certain remote technology companies. Ropes & Gray acted as international counsel to Google.
- Dealmaking continues at a busy pace. Our clients announced a number of newsworthy transactions in the past two weeks, including:
- Atlantic Media will sell global business news outlet Quartz to Uzabase, a Japanese business intelligence and media company, for a price between $75 million and $110 million, subject to certain performance conditions. Ropes & Gray represented Atlantic Media in the transaction.
- Duke Street Capital, a UK-based mid-market private equity firm, will acquire Great Rail Journeys, the world’s leading provider of rail vacations, from ECI. Ropes & Gray advised Duke Street Capital on the acquisition.
- Aretex Capital Partners, a global private equity firm, has acquired Alerian, the leading provider of energy infrastructure indices and market intelligence. Ropes & Gray advised Aretex Capital Partners on the transaction.
- Golden Gate Capital has acquired The Learning Experience, one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing academies for children six weeks to six years old. Ropes & Gray advised Golden Gate Capital on the transaction.
- Ropes & Gray welcomed prominent capital markets partner Paul Tropp, who joins our expanding New York office. Clients, including issuers and investment banks, will benefit from Mr. Tropp’s diverse experience in complex public and private debt and equity securities offerings.
- A proposed rule from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission seeks to expand the exchange-traded funds (ETF) market and streamline the requirements for launching and operating ETFs. Ropes & Gray has authored an article that analyzes the proposal, which if adopted, can significantly alter the regulatory landscape for ETFs and level the playing field for existing sponsors and new entrants.
- Partner and co-head of Ropes & Gray’s Global Anti-Corruption & International Risk practice Amanda Raad has been named as one of Global Investigations Review’s “Women in Investigations” for 2018, a list that highlights the leading women in the field.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for legal insights and the latest firm news.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find out more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.