Below are weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Leading private equity firm Genstar Capital completed its acquisition of Advarra, a provider of institutional review board, institutional biosafety committee, and research quality and compliance services. Ropes & Gray advised Genstar in the transaction.
- Kohlberg & Company announced its growth capital investment in Orthopaedic & Neurosurgery Specialists. Ropes & Gray advised Kohlberg & Company in the investment.
- Since 2006, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) has made its Registry of Motor Vehicles database, containing the photographs of millions of people, available without restriction to local, state and federal law enforcement agencies for facial surveillance. Together with the ACLU of Massachusetts, Ropes & Gray filed a lawsuit against MassDOT seeking information about how the agency uses and shares this database.
- The U.K.’s Information Commissioner’s Office has published a white paper examining the impact of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation since May 2018. Ropes & Gray summarized key findings from the report in a new alert.
- Attorneys from our IP litigation practice commented on intellectual property-related developments in key industry publications:
In the California Daily JournaI, IP litigation partner James Davis examines intellectual property protection strategies for evolving AI technology.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find out more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.