Below are weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Our clients announced multiple transactions:
- Arrow Capital Partners, an international investor and operator of real estate in Europe and Asia Pacific, announced a long-term joint venture with U.S. private equity real estate fund Cerberus to acquire and manage a €2 billion logistics portfolio. A Ropes & Gray team in London advised Arrow on the joint venture.
- Prospect Medical Holdings signed a $1.55 billion sale-leaseback and financing transaction with Medical Properties Trust, a public REIT, related to 16 Prospect hospital facilities. Ropes & Gray represented Prospect in the transaction.
- Gauge Capital announced its acquisition of marketing research firm Schlesinger Global, in partnership with Schlesinger’s existing ownership and management. Ropes & Gray advised Gauge Capital on the acquisition.
- Private equity firm Kohlberg & Company has agreed to acquire a majority stake in EN Engineering, a leading utility services firm, from General Atlantic. Ropes & Gray served as legal counsel to Kohlberg in the agreement.
- Plastics technology and processing company Milacron Holdings Corp. was acquired by Hillenbrand, Inc., a diversified global industrial company, in a transaction valued at $2 billion. A cross-office Ropes & Gray team represented Milacron in the transaction.
- Pro bono client Gary Cifizzari, who was wrongly convicted of murder in 1979, has been released from prison while the Worcester Superior Court in Massachusetts considers his motion for a new trial. Mr. Cifizzari’s release is in large part due to newly discovered DNA evidence that affirms his innocence. A Ropes & Gray litigation team, working in conjunction with the New England Innocence Project, is representing Mr. Cifizzari.
- In a new environmental, social and governance (ESG) podcast, asset management partners Isabel Dische and Eve Ellis discuss recent European green finance and sustainability proposals and their potential impact on asset managers.
- The United States District Court for the District of Columbia struck down a proposal from the Trump administration that would have required drug prices to be disclosed in television advertisements. Health care partner Tom Bulleit analyzed the ruling in Law360. He also addressed the administration’s international drug pricing plan in Bloomberg Law.
- Global Investigations Review has released two companion guides to the third edition of “The Practitioner’s Guide to Global Investigations,” which examines how companies should approach each stage of a corporate investigation. Attorneys in Ropes & Gray’s litigation & enforcement and data practices co-authored one chapter in “The Guide to Monitorships” and two chapters in “The Guide to Cyber Investigations.”
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram for legal insights and the latest firm news.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find out more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.