This week at Ropes & Gray, attorneys advised and represented clients on major investments, weighed in on new FDA and SEC policies, and were recognized for excelling in several practice areas. Outside the office, a team of attorneys and support team members rode 192 miles to raise money for this year’s Pan-Mass Challenge. Here’s a summary of the week’s highlights:
- Family office and private investment firm Dunes Point Capital, LP acquired a controlling stake in Vanguard Packaging, a Kansas City, Missouri-based designer and manufacturer of high graphic corrugated displays, retail ready packaging, industrial packaging products and related assembly, logistics and fulfillment services. Ropes & Gray advised Dunes Point on the investment.
- Ropes & Gray represented the Sequoia Fund’s independent directors in a recent victory, dismissing claims against the directors and the fund’s investment adviser relating to an investment in Valeant Pharmaceuticals.
- Kellie Combs and Sarah Blankstein gave background on the FDA’s framework for considering real-world evidence in submissions on the latest installment of Ropes & Gray’s “Non-binding Guidance” podcast series.
- On the Private Equity International “Spotlight” podcast, Keith Higgins, Michael Doherty and Josh Lichtenstein discussed comments Ropes & Gray plans to submit on the SEC’s concept release on harmonizing and simplifying securities offering exemptions. They explained how this sort of provision could affect private fund managers and retail investors, and what that means for pension and 401(k) plans.
- The 2020 edition of Best Lawyers in America named seven Ropes & Gray partners “Lawyer of the Year” in their practice areas. Overall, Ropes & Gray attorneys received a total of 110 listings across practices in Best Lawyers’ 2020 guide.
- Chambers Latin America 2020 recognized Ropes & Gray as a leading law firm in corporate crime and investigations, and highlighted two partners—Nicholas Berg and María González Calvet—as notable practitioners.
- A team of Ropes & Gray attorneys and support team members biked 192 miles across Massachusetts as part of the Pan-Mass Challenge. The team raised $131,000 in this year’s challenge; through the years the firm’s Pan-Mass Challenge teams have raised more than $2 million to benefit cancer treatment and research.
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram for legal insights and the latest firm news.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find our more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.